Asus VivoTab note 8 Screen Mirroring/MiraCast Samsung TV low framerate + heat.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Nils-san, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Nils-san

Nils-san Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone. I've got some problems and questions.

My samsung TV has an option for "Screen Mirroring". I tried to mirror my Asus vivotab note 8 and it worked. I could navegate and watch videos perfectly at first.

However two problems started appearing after some time. The first one is lag/framerate issues (maybe it was always like that until i noticed now), specially when watching videos on streaming sites. And some days ago it started to have some screen tearing (not frequent but still...)

Other problem is, that the tablet gets too hot. The heat doesn't bother me much, the thing i'm worried is, that i read that the miracast function tends to fry some tablets. Is that true?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I notice about 0.8s lag using Samsung screen mirroring, which is about twice what I get when using the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter. Are you getting more than 1s lag?

I've used mine for several hours in screen mirroring playing video. Didn't seem to overheat. But man does it suck your battery...even plugged in, you still drain! :eek:

3. Nils-san

Hello there.

Not sure if i have to measure that with a program but yes, there is like 1 sec of lag i guess. But the problem is the frame rate (is this the correct meaning?) like, if this were a game, it runs like at low fps sometimes. (sorry for my english)

It happens backwards to me! it gets pretty hot around the area of the camera, and the battery last very long even in screen mirroring :confused:

Maybe is the drivers? I'm using 8.1, what about you?

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think you are referring frame drops. I noticed that on occasion, but most of the time the video is smooth for me.

Have you tried resetting the wireless card (Right-Click Start > Network Connections > Enable/Disable)?

Mine gets hot, but also drains the battery in about 3 hours while watching video. How long does yours last playing video?

I'm running the stock Asus Intel chipset and wireless drivers on Win 8.1. Maybe I'll try Win 10 at some point...

5. colindonell

colindonell Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys , I often give presentations at diff. environments and for me it was very essential to have perfect device.You can have a look on Prijector,hope it can solve all your issues. I am totally satisfied with this device. May this device can cutter the lagging issue which we usually face while mirroring.

6. Nils-san

Sorry for the late response, but my battery lasts more than 4 hours doing the miracast thing.

Also, i tried it with windows 10 and it works much much better. It looks more fluid.

7. messiah

messiah Scribbler - Standard Member

any video on how it works??????

i saw a youtube video by an asian guy who claimed thistype of mirroring isnt possible with the note 8