Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

They are available on Amazon Japan.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

2. Bibble

Bibble Pen Pal - Newbie

Just had a thought re: type covers & what would work for me..

I forgot MS released a wireless type cover adapter as it was something that I thought would never be any use on my Surface Pro, however it might be handy for me to have one in the bag for use with the VivoTab on occasions when the SP battery is flat etc...

Just need to check now if the adapter works with the type 1 cover.

3. kjlietz

kjlietz Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually i thought my AV8N will be for notetaking only. But after seeing this: AIRTAME it might be a good companion for presentations. What do you think?

4. reg21

reg21 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone try to modify a hub as the dell venue for power and data at the same time??

5. llatnik

llatnik Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I cant find them, all i can see is a not released one going for about $600.

I'm excited to get one, but not quite PAYING-DOUBLE excited.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  6. Kumabjorn

I get a 64 GB model for ¥45.800, with delivery from the 28th.

7. llatnik

llatnik Pen Pal - Newbie

Link me baby!

8. Waltibaba

Waltibaba Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since I bought my Vivotab Note last week (on sale here in Austria for 279 Euros: 20 below MSRP XD). There's a couple of things I haven't seen mentioned, but that I experienced:

- All AVN8's I had (returned 3 before I was happy with this one) had phantom touches on the capacitive digitizer. Thought it was a hardware problem at first, apparently it's software though and disappears after a reboot.
    - USB charging & OTG are possible at the same time!!! I hacked the hardware a bit and accidentally discovered how to do it, and it's not the Venue 8 Pro's method. I'll make a new thread on it in a bit.

Also I've had none of the typical sensitivity problems with the edges on the Wacom digitizer, only the response slows down, i.e. the lag of the pointer behind the pen tip increases as I move towards the edge. Only matters within about 1 cm of the right and bottom edges (when viewed in portrait).

dstrauss and Mesosphere like this.
  9. Kumabjorn

Sorry, using tapatalk. It's the first choice though when doing a search for Asus Vivotab Note 8.

10. Rebeljuice

Rebeljuice Pen Pal - Newbie

How is the VTN8 when laid flat on a table? Does it rock from side to side due to its curved back or is it pretty solid?

Also, a question about Win 8.1. How is the handwriting recognition? I understand you can scribble away in Onenote and then copy and paste it into a word document which, in turn, converts it to type text. Is this any good? Can Onenote convert your scribbles into typetext as you write or do you need to hit a button to convert it?

The reason I ask is that my missus is writing a book and prefers writing with a pen and paper. She will then type it out on her laptop after a couple of chapters or so. It seems to me she could cut out a lot of time if she could write with a stylus and then convert to text on the fly with this tablet (or something similar like the elusive TPT3).

Personally I just want a tablet to scribble notes and save them, as is, in Onenote. I would prefer a 10 incher but this seems like the only viable option available at the moment without going overkill on specs with an SP or underkill with a TPT2. I still want to kick Lenovo in the proverbial face for coming out with almost the perfect tablet in the TP8 and then leaving out the Wacom digitizer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.