Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

...or the Galaxy Note 10.1.

2. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

The tablet feels quick with normal day-to-day use, just as expected with Bay Trail. OneNote writing also does not lag and the program starts up quickly. While it does have 2 speakers on either end of the unit, I think the Dell has better sound but it isn't so bad for an 8 inch tablet with this much versatility.

3. v@gelis

v@gelis Pen Pal - Newbie

This
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00HLWQVYO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    was shipped to me yesterday (I have preordered it and only yesterday it was ready), so I am waiting impatiently to see if it matches my need. I hope it has the right cutout for Asus Note 8 (I am not afraid if it goes to fit, but if the pen will be able to be extracted from the silo), I am going to tell my thought after 4-5 days (since I live in Greece and I will have to wait).
    So, any good screen protectors for now?

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

As in "with the paperclip"? :eek:

5. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I had one of those computers.It was a Thinkpad P133 Win 95
    When you wanted to start it, you had to insert paper clip, count to 5, and hold the power slider button.

Something about it not poweringclear down?, do not recall the reason.

Always had to carry a paper clip, where I went if I wanted to use the computer.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  6. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

I beleive his is the first 'true' TPC selling for under $400, or close to it. (I'm probably wrong, so straighten me out).

As I remember it correctly, the original specs, which were rather specific for TPC, called for a Wacom digitizer. Only much later did they start to include non-Wacom (substandard) pen support, which didn't really conform to the original stringent TPC specs.

In other words, you couldn't sell garbage and call it a TPC (according to MS).

Of course there are plenty of other 'official' TPC specs also (which I have't a clue about)

(Am I even remotely correct about this? :D )

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Haha. No, just have to hold the power button 10 seconds (followed by cursing when it continually doesn't work). Not a factory reset like the paper clip does =P

8. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

^this^-------------------

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Was just speaking to the sales rep from the Christiana, Delaware store (yes ... you can get direct to the sales reps from the national retail line). She said they don't have any Asus Note 8's yet but they are expecting them. She also said that they have been swamped with requests. Looks like there is a lot of interest in this tablet and Asus may have a winner on its hands. It's what the TP8 could have been or even a Surface 8. Anyway, I'm glad they didn't have any because I would have probably driven down and got a 32GB version tonight.:rolleyes:

dstrauss and Mesosphere like this.
  10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, I expect demand to be in the Venue 8 Pro ballpark. It seems to be generating the same level of thread activity anyway =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.