Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

1. iadagraca

iadagraca Pen Pal - Newbie

now i'm having this issue where the pen suddenly stops working, reboot usually fixes it but then it happens again. Sometimes sleep fixes it too.

definitely a software issue.

any fixes?

tried the 2309 update, works so much better. but the issue is still there...

did a windows update do this?

2. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My digitizer did the same, it progressively got worse until
    it quit. I isolated it to a software T installed that I beleive was conflicting with the digitizer.

I restored to a point before the software install.
    Knock on wood, so far it is working fine.

For some it seems like hardware and others software.
    Hopefully Asus can figure out what is wrong and advise
    or fix the problem.

3. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

4. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does this fix pressure sensitivity in Photoshop etc ei
    include WinTab drivers as well?

5. fachiri1808

fachiri1808 Pen Pal - Newbie

No, it doesn't seem like it.

It does fix the problems I've been having with clicking links and things in Chrome, and like earlier posts have said, it has also improved edge detection.

I'm glad I hung on to my AVN8, this might make me keep the tablet, as long as everything else holds up.

6. gerg

gerg Scribbler - Standard Member

This 2309 Wacom firmware has been a bad experience for me.

I get tails on letters now, especially with pressure sensitivity off - Journal and desktop OneNote.

Garbled letters at both sides (landscape) where I did not get them before, further in from the edge.

Stylii with softer tips are more affected than others, unfortunately my Wacom Feel Carbon is included.

Install at your own risk. Once it's on, there's no getting rid of it.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Another day, another anomaly.
    Before the WiFi breakdown I did two training sessions in Speech Recognition and got very decent results, despite not being a native speaker. I had to connect a headset through a USB audio adapter provided by Dragon Dictate. The built-in microphone is placed kind of strangely above the power button, at least that is where I got the best sound recording.
    After doing the refresh all my Speech Recognition voice profile files are gone, so it was time for another training session. Well, to my surprise the USB adapter no longer seemed to work, well according to system it works fine, bars appear in the speaker setting when I play a music file (mp3), the USB mic is recognized in CP>Sound, but nothing comes out of the mic into the training session, the first Window is a microphone setup window and it didn't recognize any sound, but it did with the built-in mic. Neither could I hear any sound in my headset speaker. Very confusing that the system reports all systems go, but the rocket won't launch.

8. whyired

whyired Pen Pal - Newbie

Curious what software where you running on the vivotab for dictation? Dragon note? I was just looking into this and from what I read current tablets outside a surface pro dont have the power to run DNS well. I also have a buddy usb sound pod I am going to test with a headset for recording audio.Hopefully it works well.

Much love.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Windows own Speech Recognition, and it worked fine before the refresh.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

10. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the repost...I had missed this and it has made all the difference in the world for me. I had almost given up on using the original stylus for anything but emergencies, this update makes it totally usable. I can even reach all corners with the stylus which I had never been able to do before.

Yay!