Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerg

gerg Scribbler - Standard Member

Not exactly the Dale Strauss backstory I imagined it would be :rolleyes:

2. Rodney

Rodney Pen Pal - Newbie

YOWZA!! That woke me up!
    Thanks for the sharp spike of cognitive dissonance!
    Hilarious and spine chilling simultaneously!!

3. SuperiorWitt

SuperiorWitt Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It looks I'll be upgrading to pro for the added security. I'll pay attention to any improved feel or performance bump.

5. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't have a lot of use yesterday (I've been sucked into reading a book these last few days). But I'm happy to report that the tablet only lost 3% overnight last night. It seems very similar to what Dale said happened with him.

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I believe sudermatt did a clean install of 8.1 Pro. Did you lonayata?

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

:thumbsup: Still knocking on wood but usually only getting 2-3% overnight drain - Connected Standby is awesome.

PS - handwriting much better without magnets in the cover flap of the IVSO case. For me, the little ones in the edge of the case have little effect on inking. I really like the fit of this case and it only adds 6oz to my Mini Beast.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I'm having similar battery drain overnight. I rarely have this tablet plugged it. The battery life is far more than adequate for me.

Looks like I'll be scrubbing up for surgery following your successful extraction.:cool: The only problem is the lack of a landscape stand. I am toying with the idea of carving up the back to make a stand that can pop out. Much to contemplate and so little time. No word on my SPs yet and my S-pen will be here by Wednesday.

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

This looks like a good idea to me, but can't figure out what you would ever use as a hinge - maybe heavy leather on inside of case? OMG, now we are faking that we are doctors and engineers...:eek:

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Hmm. That sounds like a significant bump to me. Almost a 50% bump in weight taking it to over a pound. To each their own of course, but I think that is too much for me. The sub 1 pound weight is such a big part of the reason I'm willing to give up screen real estate. I really want a stand though. I currently use this,

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Mini Travel Stand for Tablets and e-Readers including iPad 4, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 7.0, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, and Kindle Touch (Black): Electronics

It is simple light (0.6 oz) and easily pocketable. But since it isn't attached to the tablet it often isn't there when I need it.

Edit:
    Hmm, just found this:
    http://kickitstand.com/

It is designed for a phone (so perhaps it wont hold the weight), and it looks kind of thicker than it needs to be, but it is roughly what I'm looking for...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.