Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

There is a thread a couple threads down asking the same question. The answer was that dstrauss has and performance seems fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

3. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Yes! A fellow VN8 artist! Thanks for sharing. :D
    Awesome artwork. How is the comfort on an 8" tablet for you? I personally am enjoying it and I've been able to mostly everything just fine.
    Haha. The truth has been spoken.

4. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

Picked up a 64gb yesterday in store for $363 with the student discount.

I charged it for 8 hours like the booklet says. I'm sure that part doesn't matter. At that time it was already 9PM so I didn't have much time to play. It read 100% battery. I hit the power button, which locked the screen, but did not shut down.

I tapped the Windows button to wake it this morning. It was down to 35%! That's not good...any thoughts on how to resolve this? What did I do wrong?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  5. inmnbob

inmnbob Scribbler - Standard Member

Not sure this is the right forum but I will ask any how and ask for forgiveness. I have an SD card installed and ser windows to store media on that card. However when I purchased Bing movies they are stored on the C drive not the D drive. Any ides?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

6. agraham

agraham Pen Pal - Newbie

7. cmenice

8. agraham

agraham Pen Pal - Newbie

sleepstudy-report.html should have a list of the top five consuming devices for each Connected Standby session since the last sleepstudy report. Did you scroll down far enough?

9. cmenice

It was completely empty. I recharged to 100% to see what happens again. I ran the powercfg /sleepstudy again, but it doesn't show the previous 62% drop.

I'm working on finishing the Windows updates.

Has anyone figured out a way to easily check/download updated drivers for the device?

10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Weight - only 13.4oz on my scale. The vaunted iPad Mini is 12oz - 10% premium for Wacom and mSDXC seems miniscule

Stylus - a little tough to get fingernail under it, put easy otherwise - the S-Pen silver lid is more visible in the slot if you use it

Screen Sensitivity - never used the GN8 for long, but mine seems responsive enough - maybe just better on GN8?

Keyboard - this is a Windows/developer glitch - Windows has popup API, but developers not using it (yet?) because not accustomed to touch screen input(?)

Miracast - what's the lag experience like?

Inking - All I can say is mine is as smooth and accurate as the SPro and SPro 2 - except for that 1cm edge issue

I too am shocked that I am quickly getting used to inking on the 8" canvas - love the diminutive size of the Mini Beast. As for your hieroglyphs, not sure whether they are Mayan or Egyptian, but real purty (you can tell I tuned off the math teacher in high school...)

Yes - no difference in performance to me between Win 8.1 and 8.1 Pro - a big win given only 2GB system RAM

I had the exact same experience night 2 - then it never happened again - someone (Meso, jhoff, jnj, can't remember - oldtimer's kicking in this morning) said Windows does a lot of "adjusting" the first few days and this can happen. If it continues, you may need to have it checked, but like I said (as he knock on wood) it hasn't happened to me again.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.