Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Gosh, this is so much fun. This thing is my new buddy, seriously.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

Yikes, nice pen (and GREAT art)

That pen is definitely too good for me ;)

But for drawing, the tablets are probably great. They are so light you can hold them in close for extended periods for more detail. Of course you zoom for that.

Waru likes this.
  3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Finally my F5 resulted in an update. My tablet arrived in Chicago (Hodgkins) at 5:42 this morning. It is only 600 miles away. It is still showing a Wednesday delivery though. I don't think I will receive it early at this point. And the rain just turned to snow a couple minutes ago, so it may even be late. I should have clicked instant =)

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Mine is still in transit and showing "on-time" delivery. The storm shifted, however, and we already have a couple of inches on the ground. Crossing my fingers.

Very nice work. If you can do that with the M80T, it will be fine for my pedestrian uses. Did you do that with the cover on and flipped backward? If so, it doesn't look like your cover is interfering with your pen.;)

Waru likes this.
  5. Stavros

Stavros Pen Pal - Newbie

To sszz:

'However the recovery image location seems to be empty suggesting the system has no idea where to look for the recovery image. If you type "recovery" to the Win8.1 search box then choose "Create a recovery drive", is the "Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive." checkbox available or greyed out?'

Yes, it is.

'I would also like to know what is in the Sources folder, is it just the install.wim or is there something else?'

Yes, just install.wim

'Furthermore, would you mind to PM me the Autorun.inf, Recoverymedia.xml SD Card.ico and ***.txt files for further analysis?'

How do I send files in a PM?

sszz likes this.
  6. reg21

reg21 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, is normal to get about 3h with intensive use of the tablet? I'm saying about gaming and something like that. Besides, while i'm charging and using the tablet is ridiculous the charging rate and also if you continue with the intensive use, it continues discharging :S

Thanks!

7. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm just curious, does anyone know why there is a price discrepancy between the online price ($329) vs. the instore price ($299) for the 32gb? I'm kind of lazy and don't feel like going to the store, but I might have to to save the $30.

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

3h is a reasonable number. That implies 5W of power draw. My Venue 8 Pro draws about 3W in light use just from having max screen brightness. Also the charge time for the tablet is supposed to be 3h, so it charges at 5W, and you are using 5W, so it may continue to discharge (at a very slow rate) if pushing it as hard as you are.

Edit: It seems Intel doesn't publish TDP for Bay Trail only SDP of 2W; however, some have speculated that the TDP is ~4W, so, if that is correct, 5W seems pretty much in line with expectations when you add in the screen power usage.

9. sszz

sszz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, then I don't understand... Mistery.

You might be right, that's not that easy. I sent you a PM with my email, you can simply send there...

Thanks again.

10. bvretr

bvretr Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.