Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingchair89

flyingchair89 Pen Pal - Newbie

I picked up a note 8 from a Microsoft Store on 2/21. Last night I was using it and only on internet explorer. After a few minutes the touch screen started acting up. It would just start selecting things I wasn't touching, the lock screen wasn't functioning properly by just sliding up or down when you swipe, instead you basically had to keep swiping and nudge it down, and for a bit it would start outlining buttons/links/etc. with a green box. I went to turn it off by holding down the power button, I did the "swipe to power down". When I turned it back on it showed the Asus loading screen, then went to a black screen and that's it. It recognizes input still, it shows the trails and selection of tapping the screen and the cursor and right click on the stylus. But there's just no windows. I let the battery fully drain over night. I plugged it in this morning to try again, still the same problem. Anyone know anything I can do with this now short of bringing it back to the Microsoft store?

2. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

I believe Dale used alcohol or sth else to clean the screen? or someone else- - forgive my memory..

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

From the reports of screen roughness and fingerprint issues, I think this might be the first of my devices to get a screen protector in years.

My F5'ing doesn't seem to be helping. Bronsky, any update on yours since leaving LA? My hopes on it arriving early have dwindled. I guess I can't complain too much since it isn't available at all right now =)

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Departure scan is the last entry. With this storm rolling in tonight I wonder about the delivery date. It does say that next event is expected tomorrow. With these reports of display roughness I'm glad I ordered a matt SP.

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Which one did you order. Is it a sp you have any experience with? I normally don't use them so I'm not up on which brands/types are good quality.

Mine also shows next scheduled event is tomorrow. I think I am right on the lower edge of where this storm transitions from rain to snow. It is going to start out as a lot of rain through the night and then 3-6 inches of snow starting mid morning. I'm thinking it wont interfere too much with a Wednesday delivery, but that depends on its route. Sometimes packages go right by me north to NJ in route to me.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  6. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Take this from an experienced screen protector user. While cheap cases should usually be avoided, the cheap screen protectors usually work as good as the most expensive. Multipacks are also good, as after a while the protector will pick up scratches and the first attempt at installation normally fails (although my success rate has improved with the hot steamy shower approach). I also don't like the liquid application ones, but thats because some fluid got under my Nexus 7 screen and dried leaving a water mark. That said matte requirement may limit your choices.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  8. bvretr

bvretr Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, instead of playing with the new tablet on this overcast Sunday, I guess I'll put the SN8 up for sale on Swappa for someone else to enjoy.

Hopefully the Tuesday delivery schedule holds out. I don't know if I can handle that kind of disappointment.

9. bvretr

bvretr Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, instead of playing with the new tablet this gloomy Sunday, I guess I'll put the SN8 up for sale on swappa so someone else can enjoy it.

Hopefully the Tuesday delivery schedule holds out. I'm not sure I can handle that sort of disappointment.

10. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.