Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeminati

joeminati Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone can suggest a OTG cable for the tablet????? I decided to keep the tablet since I already got rid of my iPad mini and laptop lol.

I can't believe that my front cameras position is off centered. Also, side button the right requires alot of effort just to register the button to work.

2. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

Any OTG cable will work.

As far as pathetic build quality, they actually raised the price on these. LOL

But the Wacom is soooo useful on these diminutive tablets. Trying to use a capacitive pen on these is a bit frustrating.

note: I'm probably going to keep mine, but I really hope in the future I can get one of these with a quality IPS, and maybe a metal casing. The Asus isn't THAT bad, but the screen, although it's an IPS, is not particularly awe inspiring.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  3. joeminati

I plan to keep my tablet until there is a better one that comes along. Decided to go with a Surface pen to accompany the tablet as well. Those thin pens that usually accompany the tablets are not that great or just too small and will cramp the persons hands over a long period of use.

4. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Originally Posted by finarne

I've just received my AVTN8 and am loving the OneNote experience. My only small annoyance is the lack of eraser functionality on the stylus - does anyone have any recommendations for a compatible stylus that also has an eraser?
    The Microsoft surface pro stylus has the eraser and works very well but the stylus feels very plastic and a bit cheap. >>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You might look at the Motion Wacom Stylus.
    The button is flush and it has an eraser.
    It is plastic, but not too cheap feeling.
    The center grip is rubberized for comfort.

I bought mine from Amazon for $35

5. joeminati

Question as well. Since I already have a copy of Microsoft Office, is the copy of Office that came with the Vivo8 is something that can give away to someone?

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Nope...it is an OEM version of Office and is tied to the machine. If you were to give someone your Key it would be considered software piracy.

7. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah..but it will work and you can acitivate via phone. (Don't ask why I know this...)

8. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

For those of you concerned about storage on the 32GB...

128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I memory card by SanDisk

Found more details elsewhere... apparently it'll retail for nearly the price of the tablet at $199, and will be exclusive to Amazon and Best Buy.

SanDisk Introduces World's Highest Capacity microSDXC Memory Card at 128GB - WSJ.com

Edit: Though I should clarify that the price is only a guess based on the quote "The family of SanDisk Ultra microSD memory cards is available worldwide in capacities ranging from 8GB to 128GB with MSRPs of $29.99 to $199.99."

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    JoeS likes this.
  9. llatnik

llatnik Pen Pal - Newbie

The Wacom pen for the HP Touchsmart TM2 convertible laptop is a really comfy pen, it has a side button and levels of pressure eraser on the top.
    The tips are replaceable and i have a lovely felt tip in mine, it works beautifully.

The eraser even works on my Galaxy Note phone, in Sketchbook, blew, my, mind.

10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

What's with this in SanDisk's press release: "Designed for Android(TM) smartphones and tablets,..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.