Asus VivoTab Note 8 - Reviews

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PECgem, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

RT is a locked SKU only available to OEMs, it uses Secure Boot with UEFI Firmware to prevent piracy...So if NVidia's Hardware Partners load it, then yes...

The Surface 2 uses the same hardware as the TegraNote 7, MS just needs to enable the Direct Stylus in the Firmware...

Kumabjorn likes this.
  3. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Do you guys think it matters from where I purchase my AVTN8 from? I see that Adorama has it up for preorder in the 64GB model, and I'm just super anxious to get it. Anyone have experience shopping from there? I just wish Amazon US would put it up for preorder/sale already... -_-

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I tried many things, including drivers.
    For me, it is a complex driver conflict, or an hardware issue.

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Did you try an OS refresh or reinstall?

6. Bibble

Bibble Pen Pal - Newbie

So in my last dsy in vegas (here for work) found a good case in Frys (Frys - wow what a store) that works well for the vtn8. its actually desgined foe the ipad mini but holds the asus pretty well as you van see.

its this one i think... http://www.amazon.com/Skinny-Sleeve-iPad-mini-Blue/

WP_20140221_102.jpg

the tablet fits well width wise with a few mill gap and sticks out the top a little bit but not enough to damage it in a bag etc...

7. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Acme Made is a great choice, although for myself, that bit sticking out at the top would be too much for me. :(

8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, both. And even a two days old system image restore.. And the pen issue was always here.

9. Nayasamson

Nayasamson Pen Pal - Newbie

So a week with the AVTN8 and I am boxing it up and shipping it back to microsoft. While it may be a great device for some, I find that it's not for me. My main issue is that I'm finding Windows 8.1 to be unusable on an 8" device. Second issue is that the Asus is a fingerprint magnet, and my 3rd issue is the build quality isn't very good. On a positive note, the Wacom pen works beautifully. This device just didn't suit my needs and is going back. I did purchase a lightly used Surface Pro 1st Gen for dirt cheap and I believe that I am in love...battery might not be that great but other than that, Wacom + 1080 + almost 11" screen. Lovin it!

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well it wont fit everyone needs. Good luck with your SP1. I love mine. It is a great device for the 'one device' route. I'm looking forward to pairing my SP1 with my VN8. Dual Wacom goodness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.