Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rirawin

rirawin Scribbler - Standard Member

03/2014
    OK is this me, the middle of the screen feels nice to draw on however, its the corners like some magnet and resistance which makes it hard to draw?.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I have the same issue. It's the only problem I have with my device. If you hold the unit in Portrait, the cursor drifts to the side closest to it due to the speaker magnets. I tend to compensate for this by making sure I am writing at the top and bottom of the screen when I'm filling out a form and have to be accurate. There is some corner drift, but I think the updates and drivers can correct some of that.

3. rirawin

Thanks but I'm not sure if you have the same issues.

Drawing in the middle of the screen feels nice, its only in certain areas where I have to press hard to even get a line. Is there something wrong with my Asus Note?.

4. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

Most people have difficulty writing with the included stylus right under the top middle camera (and to the left of this space) and sometimes in the bottom center above the Asus logo.

However, with a heavier stylus (Surface Pro pen/Wacom Bamboo), it's easier to write in this space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rirawin

That sucks, the reason I got the note 8 was for a portable sketchpad but this has easily been the worst Wacom device I used so far which is a shame.

6. connman

Let me be clear: The areas that I cited as being difficult to write are very very small. There are numerous examples in this forum where people have shown an image displaying the areas that are most effected and it really is a very minute portion of the surface.

Maybe you should search the forums to see this example because it's not a large area and if your wacom surface is experiencing bad accuracy elsewhere, then maybe you have a glitchy unit.

EDIT - I'm going to see if I can find one of the diagrams that I'm referencing and I'll post it for you.

7. rirawin

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/61543-asus-vivotab-node-8-stylus-inaccuracy-issues-2.html

You're talking about this.

8. connman

Hah... Thanks, yep, that's the one.

I can now go back to work...

If your display exhibits that degree of inaccuracy, I would say that it's about standard.

9. rirawin

So did some lines, still not happy looks wrong with my note??????

10. connman

That is not typical. Provided that you are using similar pressure across the board, that looks like your digitizer is not functioning properly. Take it back.

(I've toyed around with multiple Vivotab units and have not had that type of pen problems. My guess is that if you replace at the store, you'll have a better experience with the next one.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.