Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it more solid? It's hard for me to make a direct comparison as I own neither of those pens. The build quality of the Lenovo one is praised upon in the reviews as well.

Also, duh. The Lenovo pen is being sold for as low as 8,88€ on ebay. Damn you price search engine not showing international ebay sellers! I sent a request for order cancellation to the seller, I'm not sure it's going through in time, though.

Does the Samsung ET-S200EBEG pen have multiple pressure sensitivities?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. sszz

sszz Pen Pal - Newbie

Not at all. It feels more like a real pen. I might have misunderstood you, sorry.

3. sszz

sszz Pen Pal - Newbie

Pressure sensivity just works fine here.

4. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

I own both the Lenovo and Samsung S Pen. The Samsung S Pen tracks more accurately and the eraser works far better. The eraser on the Lenovo pen doesn't work that well at all for me.

5. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you suuuuuuure? Multiple users state otherwise. Perhaps you are mistaking the pen's behaviour towards speed and acceleration as pressure sensitivity, as one commenter there did as well. Or are you using an original Lenovo pen which came bundled with the Lenovo tablet / notebook? Because those seem to be different than those sold by these Chinese vendors.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  6. sszz

sszz Pen Pal - Newbie

I can not honestly say anything till you refer me to those reviews you're talking about. A link will do.

7. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

8. sszz

sszz Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, just tried with onenote. Comapred with the included stylus, looks okay. There are definitely different lines drawn at different pressure levels. The pressure vs. line width curve is surely different for the two pens though. The original seems more natural to me too if that's what you meant. The Lenovo is also ok, just less responsive for light touches. But definitely "feels" the difference between light and heavy touches.

BobWerk likes this.
  9. ragingsheep

ragingsheep Pen Pal - Newbie

Regarding the recovery partitions, are you able to create them using the command under Control Panel?

10. newst

newst Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been using a Samsung S Pen with my Vivo Tab and it works well, particularly after calibrating it. For those who don't like using a tiny stick for their stylus (like me) you can still get the Samsung pen stylus holder on Amazon that gives it the size and weight of an actual pen. The holder comes with an S Pen so you won't need to buy one separately, and can leave the Asus stylus in its silo. What is even better is that the price has come down from the original $60 to something like $25.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S-Pen Stylus with Stylus Holder for Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories