Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can get the 16 point edge callibration under the
    Tablet PS setting in the (desktop)
    Control Panel >
    Tablt PC Settings > Reset Callibration > it will give you
    the multi-16 point corner callibration.

Do not know how it affects the new Wacom driver though.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. alexb2611

alexb2611 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry for the delay. Yep, worked fine, located the driver automatically.

Cheers,
    Alex

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I've been using the Illumishield linked on page 1. It worked fine. But then my pen stopped working.:D JK. Actually, I had to return my first unit for an overheating CPU. So, I got to install the second matt SP in the package all over again on the replacement tablet. Both times the installation was very straightforward. The SP is cut close, however, so there is no room for error. Make sure you have one side properly anchored so the SP can just be rolled into place.

I bought a 3 pack of the SPs and the middle one was not matt. The company sent me a replacement without question.

4. zh221

zh221 Pen Pal - Newbie

Partially solved: LiveViewer 6 can connect AVN8 to Hitachi WiFi projectors using my old externally connected Linksys WUSB54G adapter with internal Broadcom SDIO disabled........... But can't figure out what was wrong with host adapter......anybody can help?

5. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I know this is off topic, but will the screen protectors
    cover up/smooth up small chips in the screen?

I ask, because my Surface Pro had an unfortunate meeting with a set of Allen wrenches tht fell on it. It made a small chip in the
    (Gorilla proof, shatterproof) glass screen. My pen finds the divit
    everytime it seems.

6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The answer is yes.

7. lordu

lordu Pen Pal - Newbie

One thing I do notice with avt8 for being an owner and all. Lets assume the battery is completely drained.

When you plug in your power cable, then you hold the power button to start it, it doesn't boot. The power led blinks orange for a while then stops blinking without turning on the tablet.

You have to charge the battery for a few minutes before the tablet responds to holding down the power button. Its a little annoying since its all plugged in and all.

- U

8. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've even noticed this with my Nokia phone (dumb phone in fact). Booting a device (be it a dumb phone or a laptop or anything in between) takes power. It might be only a short burst, but it's most likely more than that your power supply can safely deliver to the device. It will need its battery for that. And the battery will take a minute or two before it's filled enough for the device to boot.

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, the Asus charger only seems to charge it at about 5W and the device seems to be able to draw slightly more than that under load.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Looks like another incredibly-crappy-build-quality issue has cropped up on my M80TA. The micro USB port is deforming. It looks like it's bent internally. All of the adapters I put in it, including the power adapter, looks bent but it is the port itself. If I wasn't taking it back for repair to the MS Store anyway, I would not be happy. I have handled the M80TA with care and never did anything that would have bent the mUSB adapter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.