Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatdude90210

thatdude90210 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I would be hesitant too if I just got 2 bad ones. Newegg's return policy definitely isn't as good. You have to pay for return shipping, and I think a shorter return period, not to mention the restocking fee.

I figure the $60 off will pay for 5 or 6 replacement shipping fees. And Newegg returns are pretty easy in that you can do it via the website. And they are pretty lenient. I once caused some damage on a mobo (stupid "protection cap" on socket 1150), they saw the damage and mentioned it, but made an exception and allowed a replacement anyway.

2. chobo

chobo Pen Pal - Newbie

That's true, but with return shipping plus the 25% restocking fee, it'll easily eat up the $60 saving, if you end up getting a bad unit again. They charge 25% restocking fee for any return, don't they? If not, I might consider getting it from them as the price is best out there.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I have never been charged a restocking fee by Newegg when returning a defective unit. But, I haven't used them since they opened up a warehouse in Jersey and started charging us residents sales tax.:( So, check first.

4. thatdude90210

I've only sent back stuff at newegg for replacements. And never been charged a restock fee. I think the fee is only for refund items.

The mobo I needed replacement for was recent, just a couple of months ago. I had to pay for a UPS shipping label, that was it.

Still, it's not as good as MS. MS is paying for the return shipping on my AVN8.

5. chobo

chobo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks both for your input.

How long did it take for Newegg.com to replace your mobo? I love AVN8 when the pen is working, so I know I won't return for refund unless it is defective. But if it is, I want to have a replacement before shipping the bad one back so I don't have to have downtime without the tablet. It makes the exchange/replacement option not so an option for me. I wish amazon just reduce their price to $349.99 or even $319.99 now. When I called the MS online support this morning, they said they would have the 64GB for $349.99 when they are back in stock. They didn't know when though. So I am thinking the price will go down to $349.99 soon for everywhere. Just don't know when.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  6. thatdude90210

They held my mobo for a week for inspection and processing. So it was approx. 2 week total.

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Same here - no questions return if defective, but whoa nelly if you just didn't like the device. Not good for serial device testers if you know what I mean...

8. chobo

chobo Pen Pal - Newbie

I went ahead and purchased it at Newegg.com.

The total came $319.99 ($379.99 - $30.00 instant rebate - $30.00 promo code) with free ShopRunner 2 days shipping. Turns out pretty good deal, it's actually perfect if I get a good unit! I also singed up for a free 30 days trial for Newegg Premier. One of the premier benefit is no restocking fee. I thought to get the protection just in case. In any case "please no more bad unit, please no more bad unit, please no more bad unit...."

9. alexb2611

alexb2611 Pen Pal - Newbie

Obviously that's hard to tell. The owners who have had a problem are more likely to be vocal about it than those who don't have a problem (or don't visit this site), so nobody can answer your question. What I can say is my first unit was bad, my replacement is fine since I received it a couple of weeks ago.

dstrauss and Kumabjorn like this.
  10. thatdude90210

Lucky for those of us that ordered from Newegg this morning. This evening, the price is back to only $30 off, just the coupon. I think someone there made a mistake and put two $30 discounts at the same time when they meant one. :)

Btw, mine is shipped. I'm close enough to them that "3 day shipping" is usually 1 day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.