Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I wasn't aware of this potential fix, but I did disable the Bluetooth altogether and still had disconnection problems on waking...and now with all the reports of digitizer degradation, probably would stay away from this unit, despite the fact that it is the perfect 8" concept Wacom note pad - just poor execution by Asus...

Sometimes low-balling price is not the answer...

2. Air

Air Pen Pal - Newbie

3. caheo.captain

caheo.captain Pen Pal - Newbie

Uhmm.. actually I don't have chances to try all other keyboards to know which is the best but I can compare the belkin bluetooth keyboard with surface type cover (I owned both of them). It (belkin) is better than the type cover. Belkin keyboard also fit with AVN because it is light, thin and compact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. alexb2611

alexb2611 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. thatdude90210

thatdude90210 Pen Pal - Newbie

Bloody hell. Newegg has the 64GB for $60 off. I just returned my 64GB to MS for the pen issue, and they didn't have the 64GB in stock so I looked around and found it at newegg.

Newegg currently has it at $349 ($30 off), and coupon code PAXASUS30 gives it another $30 off.

6. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

Well darn! I just bought one of the 64GB ones on ebay used yesterday! Could have gotten a new one for the same price. Of course, then I couldn't have used my ebay bucks for part of it.

Hope the one I receive doesn't have any of the problems some of you have been having.

I'm tempted to pick up one of the 32GB ones for my daughter who is studying abroad this summer. She's not comfortable with android, so this might work great for a nice portable device.

7. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought the Illumishield matt screen protector. It came in a couple weeks ago, it applied very easily. I really like it. No more fingerprints! It also enhances the readability and looks good without affecting the Wacom pen use or capacitive touch. I highly recommend this and that doesn't come easy for me. The big plus is not having to have a microfiber cloth everywhere I go.

8. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

just out of curiosity (I'm really keen on this tablet but reading the pen failures thread is really worrying), is it more of a minority that's having issues with the tablet or are most of you happy with your device? it seems like a lot of people are having trouble with it!

thanks!

9. chobo

chobo Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw it too this morning looking for purchasing a 64GB model elsewhere due to MS not having any in stock to replace mine with the pen problem. It seems to a great deal but I hesitate to get it from them because of their return policy and the fact that I had the pen problem on 2 of them I got from MS. Given the failure rate, I am afraid to get a 3rd one with a bad digitizer and charged for 25% restocking fee. I contacted Amazon.com for price matching but they said they don't match price, instead they refund the difference if their price goes down within 7 days of your purchase. Hmm.

10. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Reporting a newly found issue with screen here.
    I recently found out that the color/brightness/contrast of the screen turns much lighter if I put the tablet aside with screen on for a long time. The issue can be fixed by restarting the tablet/adjusting gamma and a series of other settings using a wizard in the control panel. I think I'll include a photo comparing the two different states next time I see it. I did a factory reset and the issue did not resolve.

Anyone else has seen this? any possible solutions?
    I did not remember if this was the case before the Wacom firmware update. Pity...