Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered mine from MS store online (as you all know, lol), and later I found out that they can do a price match for the 10% student discount. That is quite sweet of MS store.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Someone was asking about matt sp's. Here is the one I used (I bought the 3 pak for $9.99). http://www.amazon.com/Screen-protec...979053&sr=8-2&keywords=matt+screen+m80ta+asus They ship from Germany through german post. Mine took two-and-a-half weeks to get here. Installation was okay. Although not quite as good as the factory sp from Fuji that I use on my Q552, it greatly improved the viewability of the M80ta display. The gorilla glass display is nearly unusable without a sp because of the glare finish. I'll be adding one to my new M80ta since I returned my defective unit with it on. Damn you Asus, got me again. Finish once on is decent. You can feel the finish when scrolling. I think writing is improved but I'm used to writing on a sp, not a naked display so this feels more natural to me. You might add this link to page one for our more patient purchasers.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  3. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Added to the 'Purchases' section! Thank you for the link. :)
    There is also the iLLumishield Matte protector if anyone wants it any quicker, I'm not sure if that one ships from out of the country or not. I am definitely ordering a matte SP.

4. ragingsheep

ragingsheep Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone been able to remove the recovery partition onto a separate microsd/hdd in the 64gb version?

kedaes likes this.
  5. Claud

Claud Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, proud VTN8 owner here from Australia. I am happy with the general performance of the tablet and the ability to use wacom pen.

I do notice the original pen is not very good so I am now seeking an alternative with better quality.

I just wonder if any of you have the experience about which 3rd party wacom pens meet the following features:

1. Can be concealed within the VTN8
    2. Has eraser button
    3. Better performance
    4. Rubber tip (better to have)

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Wanted to post a recent sketch for you guys! Done with my AVTN8.
    waru_untitled1.jpg

WillAdams, NotesTaker, AriWS and 2 others like this.
  7. sszz

sszz Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope. I´ve been trying desperately, but since no one here with the 32GB model that supposed to work that way is very keen on giving me details of their configuration, I am stuck now. Would be great to work together on this guys...

8. sszz

sszz Pen Pal - Newbie

This: Digitizer STYLUS PEN for IBM LENOVO ThinkPad X60 X61: Amazon.de: Elektronik

Cheap and works as advertised after calibration. Even though it comes from China, seems original.

BobWerk likes this.
  9. flyingchair89

flyingchair89 Pen Pal - Newbie

32gb owner here. What do you need?

10. mpattman

mpattman Pen Pal - Newbie

What details would you like, I will try to help provide them, I have a UK 32GB version that came with the recovery on microSD card.