Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this info. I figured that a lot of pro-Wacom OneNote inkers are hanging out on this thread lately...

It appears that MS has created a OneNote for Android Beta community:
    http://off365.ms/E97U4k
    There are already posts from users wanting an inkable version of Android OneNote. Since so many of us want a companion-sized device with OneNote, I would hope we can add to the voices.

The AVN8 has been great for OneNote, but as warmer weather approaches, I find that I carry it less without my winter jacket with the bigger pocket. I miss having an always-on-me wacom device in the form of the Galaxy Note phone. An inkable Android Onenote would bring that device back in the fold.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have the Wedge keyboard. It is pure quality. The lid works as a stand. It is a joy to use. Having said that there is something to be said for a cover/keyboard. Not the kind you linked to but the kind that slides over the device and has an inside wege that you can stand the Asus in, either portrait or landscape. However, those are Chinese made cheapos. The work find for some e-mails, or postings here. But I wouldn't want to type out a lengthy proposal or memo on new organization on it. It protects the device and when you slide it of you have access to a keybaord, in this case keys would probably be 3/4 size.

3. Rodney

Rodney Pen Pal - Newbie

I now buy more goods from Amazon than anywhere else (apart from groceries). Partially because they have such an outstanding return policy. I see your dilemma. Both options look very attractive. If I were you, I would have no hesitation in buying both, knowing that I'd have a month to test them and return one (or both), for a full refund, with Amazon emailing you a prepaid return label. I've done that a number of times and Amazon has been great! They've gained my loyalty, and now they're my 'go to' store. They really do stand by their easy return policy, and I would go that route!

4. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

I couldn't agree with you more. Amazon is also my go-to place, for everything aside from groceries, as well. I actually didn't think about buying them both and returning the one I don't like. But wait, don't they subtract the shipping cost back from your refund? I have Prime, but I think I may have read somewhere on their site that it still applies. I might be wrong. And one more thing, I think I saw your comment on the reviews for the VSTN keyboard -- you were saying something about digitizer interference.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  5. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Also, you forgot to specify in your instructions
    whether to place it face up or face down in the oven,
    (the tablet, not the squirrel)
    and that you should always use a clean sheet of foil...

PS
    Squirrel is low in cholesterol.

Rodney likes this.
  6. Rodney

Rodney Pen Pal - Newbie

Firstly the magnets. The case I have (apart from my returned VersaSleeve - no corner protection on dropping) is this one.
    Amazon.com: i-Blason Asus VivoTab Note 8 Case - Executive Hard Shell Stand Case Cover for M80T [Life Time Warranty] - Black: Computers & Accessories
    I don't recommend it, or any of the variations or clones of it, (you can see the magnets in the rim in their pictures), I had to remove magnets in the rim. They deflected the stylus especially at the close/min/max buttons at top right in landscape mode. I don't know whether the magnets in your proposed Bluetooth case will affect the stylus. Maybe, maybe not. But this brings me to point 2.
    If you have any reasonable complaint about how whatever you buy from Amazon performs less adequately than one would expect, (such as magnets deflecting the stylus), or less adequately than what the Amazon description implied, and you can articulate that, then they will refund you, including pay for return shipping (as well as original shipping - not applicable in your case as you have prime free 2 day shipping). But if you say that you simply changed your mind, then you will have to pay shipping and maybe some restocking fee or percentage.

7. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Ah, I see. I currently own the IVSO Smart Case, and it has a slight interference with my digitizer, but mainly towards the edges (aside from the original weakness the tablet has at the edges). Good point about the returns. I will go ahead and order both items and see which one works best for me.

8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was no more able to connect my M80T to my wifi box.
    I inactivated bluetooth
    And wifi works now perfectly
    I activated bluetooth and I lost wifi
    I have not already applied any updates.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

If you have a dual band router run the tablet on the 5 Ghz connection. Sometimes the channel selection on 2.4 Ghz might collide with a Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth is supposed to channel hop but if you have an older mouse or something like that connected it might get stuck in the same channel as the router.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

10. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

how you ask the tablet to use the 5GHz ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.