Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatdude90210

thatdude90210 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just to eliminate the obvious. Was the pen near the screen at the time when the touch isn't responding? If so, that's part of the palm rejection feature. So that you can use the pen without having the palm affect your writing. If your pen wasn't near, then that's an issue I haven't seen here.

2. ananimus

ananimus Pen Pal - Newbie

Sometimes I do. It's usually pretty impressive. But most of the time I scribble quickly or type.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I tend to write a few keywords that I convert to text so it is searchable in the Android version as well.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The only time I convert notes to text is if I am putting a hard copy into a physical file folder (to make them more readable), which I rarely do anymore.

5. Kumabjorn

A bit curious about that. Aren't lawyers required to keep hard copies of everything? I'm thinking that stuff can be subpoenad and so. If you keep that on a micro SDcard could make it difficult, not to mention easy to hide (not that I'm suggesting you would do that, but Saul might).

6. Kumabjorn

Right now I'm in the process of testing if I can actually connect dual USB monitors to the AVTN8, One monitor is a pure USB connected AOC the other is an Iiyama with a J5Create JUA250 USB2HDMI converter connected, it is the one to the left in portrait mode. Unfortunately it seems this will only work if I don't have software from two different vendors installed. In other words J5Create and Display Link doesn't play well with each other.
    20140402_102922.jpg

Bronsky likes this.
  7. Kumabjorn

Here is the setup using the AOC monitor with Display Link software. It was more complicated uninstalling the J5Create software than I expected, the Uninstall software worked fine, but it seems it leaves behind a service call or something so you'll need to use the Administrator prompt for some sc delete commands. The DL software won't install, but they do provide a link and a thorough explanation on their site. Just remember to reboot before attempting a new install. 20140402_104942.jpg

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Nope. The jurisdictions I'm admitted in permit all files to be electronic. It has been this way for nearly a decade. You still have to maintain originals of important records you are keeping for clients, such as wills, etc., but I don't have a general practice and don't keep any originals at all. As far as subpoenas directed at my notes, they're not getting them anyway. They're privileged.

Nice set up. How do you guys ever get any work done with set ups like this. I would just futz around all day.

9. Kumabjorn

Once I can make the setup I can charge an arm and a leg from those who are utterly confused by computers. "It can really do that?"

Being able to do it all electronically must be a real time and money saver. Are legal aids going the way of Blockbuster employees?

10. lordu

lordu Pen Pal - Newbie

So I tested the vivotab note 8 with the wacom feel stylus when I installed gimp, and anime studio debut 10.
    I had issues with the pen not matching with the cursor on the screen.

there is a problem with the wacom driver and the vivotab note 8. Asus has a page up saying they are working on the problem. But who knows when/if that is coming out. So as of right now drawing on the tablet is limited to apps from the windows store.

Ive tried sketchbook express and fresh paint, those seem to work right now. It would be nice for some vector drawing apps but none available in the app store so far.

- U