Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I like that the s-pen has a smaller footprint and can be tucked away in various cases so its less conspicuous but the surface pen works so much better.

Have you tried the fuji lifebook pen? I am thinking of picking that up for my Yoga (and yes I am back to the AVTN8, TPT2 was just way too damn slow, once you get a taste of baytrail... clovertrail seems like a hot stinking pile of doo doo)

Bronsky likes this.
  2. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

My I2C device expectedly failed once again. I'll try to get a replacement device through the store I got it from. I hope they replace it right away instead of sending it in to Asus, but I have my doubts.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Forgive my ignorance, what is an I2C device?

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

4. thatdude90210

thatdude90210 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm trying something that seems to be working for me so far. I notice that one time, my InvenSense sensor failed the same way. The one that senses screen rotation. So I updated the driver from Asus' site -- Invensense G-sensor driver from feb 26 2014.

I thought just in case there's a link between the two events, the invensense & the I2C. (I had tried disabling the power management of both I2C device before, but didn't work. I re-enabled them now.) The new thing I'm trying is I've disable the power management of the Invensense Sensor collection (it's just one thing) in Device manager.

So far, after heavy usage over 3 days, and 2 nights of letting the tablet sleep instead of turning it off, I haven't seen the I2C issue. Previously, I was turning it off at night and have a fresh boot in the morning to avoid the issue.

So it's either that or the new cover that I just got that's working. The cover has a couple of magnets and maybe the magnets have some effect on the wacom digitizer, keeping it from being disable.

It's something to try. I still have about 8 days until my 30 days are up with MS store. And I really don't want to have to re-install all my programs. So I'm going right to the edge of that 30 days.

5. lordu

lordu Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought a Bamboo Stylus Feel, model # CS300UK2, said it was for galaxy and galaxy note, but decided to give it a shot. It seems to work well with the VivoTab Note 8.
    Just thought Id throw it out there, in case anyone is looking to buy a stylus.

- U

6. Rodney

Rodney Pen Pal - Newbie

Ditto, I second that request. Someone please explain what aspect of the AVN8 that affects/ controls. Thanks.

7. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

It's the device for the active digitizer :) If the stylus stops being recognized, the issue can be tracked to a malfunctioning I2C HID Device in the Windows device manager. The other listed I2C device should be the touch input device.

Kumabjorn and Rodney like this.
  8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Does it stand for anything?

9. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

So far so good, except that my Logitech Tablet Keyboard lost its bluetooth connectivity today...Cannot be paired again. Just one day out of Bestbuy's 15-day exchange window and had to contact Logitech directly...
    And, looking forward to digitizer's firmware update and feel driver update. Go Wacom and Asus!
    BTW, one of my friend saw my AVN8 last weekend and got seduced to it. Cheers!

10. Sunkist888

Sunkist888 Pen Pal - Newbie

May I know the brand, the price and the place you got this? It really is a good piece of accessorie for the VTN8