Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamonkey

seamonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm getting Wacom Stylus Feel because the stylus pen makes 'window squeaking' sound for me .. at least sometimes. Do you recommend getting a screen protector? Will it get into my way when using the stylus?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

CS300UK support ASUS Vivotab according to Amazon.com

I ordered it by the way :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    ineffableMF likes this.
  3. agraham

agraham Pen Pal - Newbie

The Galaxy Note version is CS-3002. It has a slightly shorter stubbier tip than the normal version, apparently to get the sensor a little closer to the screen, though I have no idea why the Galaxy Note should be any different to any other Wacom Feel digitiser implementation. All the different pens seem to work on all the different tablets as you would expect of devices using similar technology. I have both Bamboo Feel versions and both seem comparable in accuracy when used on my VTN8. Given the choice I would go for the CS-300 as it seems to have a little less offset when tilted than the CS-3002.

ineffableMF likes this.
  4. ineffableMF

ineffableMF Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know. I didn't honestly expect for anyone to actually have both and be able to give a definitive answer - you rock!

Funny that the CS-300**2 has more of an offset, given your description of the difference between them I would have expected the opposite.

5. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Your best bet is getting a matte screen protector for a more paper-like writing experience. Also, the pen I use is the Feel, but the Carbon version. It is my absolute favorite, and it feels perfect to hold and write with. I couldn't be happier with it.

6. ananimus

ananimus Pen Pal - Newbie

Got an iBlason screen protector. My review: It's a dry-application, glossy screen protector. Kind of the worst combination, IMHO.

Long story short, remember to poke out the camera hole perforation before application. In the end you'll have a screen protector that's very similar to the bare screen. That includes the bare finger tackiness, stylus slipperiness (unless you have a Stylus Feel with different tips to combat), and total smudge magnet-ness. But it's cheap and arrives quickly.

7. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

If you're okay with spending a little bit more for a screen protector, I highly suggest you pick up this one. It has a matte finish and is great for writing/drawing for that paper-like experience. And, it's a two-pack as well.

8. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

I also recommend this screen protector, too even though it has an extra hole in it that shouldn't be there. However, the cut is exact and you have to put it on exactly straight. Once it is on it repels fingerprints really well.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Soo, the time came to pimp my Asus. Got this little nifty 4 hub USB port stand. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

Bronsky likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Picked up a Surface Pen for the M80TA. Saw an open box pen at Best Buys for $20. I have to admit that I think it writes a bit better than the Samsung and worlds better than the unit in the silo.

Dave47 likes this.