Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Amazon Japan sells the AVN8 in four versions, 32 and 64 GB and either Office Basic (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or H&S (Outlook and OneNote added). You can change system language at setup to your own preference. Amazon Japan also include the Versa sleeve for free.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

lonaysta likes this.
  2. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

Yeah, I noticed Amazon Japan has sold it even before the US did, but they are a lot more expensive I believe. Plus, the US systems come with the full Office 2013 Professional. The VersaSleeve is definitely a bonus of course.

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Have you verified this isn't a problem with your phone instead of your tablet? It kind of sounds like it. From your tablets prospective it is just a WiFi hotspot.

4. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

That actually might be the case. I tried tethering with my laptop one time and the connection was terrible but my WiFi, when I wasn't tethering, was pretty solid in general.

5. Kumabjorn

I'm actually having a similar problem at this moment. Haven't had any problems with my router but now on the beach connected to my Note 3 it dropped the connection, however Ookla reports 20 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

6. Kumabjorn

Some further notations on the Wi-Fi issue. I connected my Kindle with the phone and that worked smashingly. Then I went back to the AVN8, opened Network and discovered the Broadcom was attempting to"authenticate"and this seemed to be continuously unsuccessful. Does it need a new driver, have it been downloading one in the background or have goblins taken possession of my Asus?

7. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Works fine when my Dell 11 Pro is tethered to my phone, just the Asus seems to not like it. Could still be the phone so I'll keep testing

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

8. Kumabjorn

More experimentation and new results. Deleted the earlier connections so I could stay over. Enter SSID and password, results in message that "network security key" (a Microsoftization of the simpler password it's my uneducated guess) is incorrect. Well, it isn't, tested, retested and retested. Could it be that Windows internally scrambled this in some way? How do you fix something like that?

9. Kumabjorn

The quest continues. I made the tethering am open connection without any password, at least the Asus now connected but it still didn't have an internet connection, I also tethered a different phone and that worked fine over the Wi-Fi, so something is clearly and with the Asus Wi-Fi connection. Next step will be a refresh.

10. Kumabjorn

Refreshed, and everything seems to be back to normal, except now I need to reinstall all my software and change a bunch of settings. It sure was annoying though. Makes you reluctant to install too many things on the device.