Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anybody successfully dual boot remix OS or Android x86 with gapps on this?

2. Dede

Dede Pen Pal - Newbie

I use this http://amiduos.com and it works.

3. jjsa1985

Thanks. I've tried it and it was a little slow and frustrating to use compared to a native experience so I was wondering if anyone was able to dual boot. It probably would be a better experience if the tablet had 4gb RAM. Do you know if there will be a marshmallow or nougat update?

4. Dede

Dede Pen Pal - Newbie

You are right, it is quiet slow. Might be better with more RAM. I installed it but in fact I don´t really need to use it. Just updating it from time to time. Sorry but I don´t know if there will be updates on MM or N.

5. CannibalFerox

CannibalFerox Pen Pal - Newbie

I updated today the updates from december and january and the touch screen doesnt work anymore. I also have no tablet-options in the control panel (where I usually had to calibrate the screen etc), it vanished! Looking at the "latest updates" section I have installed a few today and the last ones from 6th of December. Interesting in the optional updates were a lot of "Intel other hardware dynamic platform and thermal framework manager" entries for example power participant, display participant, processor, generic.... then I have some windows defender KB2267602, .Net framework, update for win8.1 KB2976978, intel system 10/3/16

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? :( :(

I tried to uninstall the intel other hardware stuff but it doesnt fix the problem, after the updates the touch screen and stylus wont work at all. and as I mentioned it seems like it isnt a tablet anymore so I cant tilt the screen for orientation etc! Which log files or something do you need?

Edit: Also the buttons dont work at all (when the os is running I cant shut off the screen or no action when pushing windows button! And the camera LED is glowing permanently after the updates.

Edit2: I dont have any system restore point! Because of too little free space.... :/

6. jjsa1985

It sounds to me like you need the SoC driver from Asus support website. If you have a USB mouse and keyboard and you have wifi working you should visit the Asus support website and download the latest SoC or chipset (can't remember what it's called) driver. Also, the orientation thing happened to me yesterday. I had to go into device manager. Look for invensens driver or something like that. There should be a yellow triangle next to it. Disable it, reenable it and reboot. That will get your orientation working again.

CannibalFerox and Kumabjorn like this.
  7. CannibalFerox

Thanks a lot mate! That fixed the problem :) I have hidden the Intel Other Hardware Crap Update, since I also read about Thinkpad Tablet problems with etc I just dont get it why they roll out this kind of updates.... Also a question can you help me to debloat the tablet? I have Asus AC Reminder, ATK Package and WinFlash installed by ASUS themselves, do I need this progs?

Edit: Seems like i f*cked up my Windows system! I wanted to clean the WindowsApps folder (win8.1 os) and went into safe mode, only there I could open the folder. Then it said I dont have admin priviliges, and I tried to turn off write protection. I got a prompt something like this went wrong and I only had the possibility to push ignore, ignore all or cancel. It said apply attributes to a lot of files and after that no wifi working almost nothing at all ^^ seems like I changed an attribute an d now windows cant recognize the files ....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  8. jjsa1985

Have you tried reset to factory? Can you still do that?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

9. CannibalFerox

yep, i resetted it with recovery media :) will start with a fresh new system and I looked all bloatware up :) so a lot cleaner now, I still have only a few questions left! :) I wanted to move Office13 to my ext SD Card, because usually I would never take it out, so I want to move gchrome and office to the other sd card since after a while the intern card becomes full because of winxsx, system32 folder.... And can I make restore points on the ext sd card, too? It only suggested C: but it also said something like for encrypted systems only, so would bitlocker encryption help to get system restore points on my extsdcard?

Edit: Because I found a "guide" to move preinstalled office since we only have a key but no media for the office license and the robocopy command didnt work :/ it said invalid argument DCOPY:T.... Now I tried to copy it myself and created a junction as the guy said in the thread, source:

http://superuser.com/questions/1057696/moving-pre-installed-ms-office-to-another-drive

10. jjsa1985

If you have a key, I would think you can just delete the copy that is pre-installed and then download from the website and install to SD and enter your key. But I'm no expert in any of that stuff so I probably will not be much help from here on.