Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sigh. Highlight the partition and delete it. It looks nearly the same as the Windows disk management tool.

HJK likes this.
  2. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

No worries. Just some self deprecating humor. I have a PhD and I teach three languages (four if you count English). I can usually figure these things out--but then I'm no techie, so I get nervous.

I'm thinking I'll just shrink the partition to 6gb if I can, as the recovery drive came to just over 5. That way I can gain 4gb of space without running the risk that my recovery disk is corrupt or will get lost.

One last question before I give this a whirl: If I have to get rid of the partition altogether, that won't complicate things when it comes time to move over to Win 10, will it?
    Thanks so much!

3. Mr. Boosh

If you delete the recovery partition completely and then use the recovery media later on and select "reformat all partitions," it will format your disk exactly like it is now and put back the recovery partition.

HJK likes this.
  4. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

almost iPad-like? How so?

5. Reaves

Reaves Pen Pal - Newbie

Ever since installing Win 10 I've had issues with the left speaker stopping working. The only fix I have is to disable the microphone.

It works sometimes but generally when rebooting it will cut out.

Does anyone else have this issue or recommendations for a fix?

6. Mr. Boosh

If you don't roll back to 8.1, there's really no way to know if it's software or not, unless other users report similar experiences.

I'm guessing your speaker died.

7. messiah

messiah Scribbler - Standard Member

well in terms of smoothness matches the ipad...

but however u need to disable indexing and windows search service to get drastically long battery life...

fishdavis likes this.
  8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have read that it is due to Cortana.
    I have not the issue, but I have deactivated Cortana.

9. Reaves

Reaves Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply. Definitely not the hardware as turning off the microphone causes the speak to function again. Some time back I did roll back to 8.1 and can confirm 8.1 does not have the issue.

When I remove the device from device manager and reinstall it works but as soon as I reboot it stops working again. It seems to be a conflict between the microphone and left speaker.

10. Reaves

Reaves Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll try deactivating Cortana. It would make sense as Cortana causes the microphone to be "active" all the time. Perhaps cortana utilising the microphone is conflicting with the left speaker.

Have you heard of people with the exact same situation? Would you mind enabling cortana and rebooting to see if you experience the same? I'd like to know if it is just my device or not. Due to how I can replicate it and solve it by disabling the microphone, I'm sure it's a software issue and not hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.