Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just picked up a VTN8 from a TPCR member. I had this tablet briefly last year but got rid of it pretty quick. Don't know why I wanted to try it again but I have one now!

HJK likes this.
  2. messiah

messiah Scribbler - Standard Member

it works better with windows 10 almost ipad like ..battery seems similar too......

3. Mr. Boosh

Any consensus on best matte SP for this guy?

4. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

OK. So I have a stupid 10 gb recovery partition on my 32gb AVTN8-some Asus repair tech thought this would be a good idea, evidently. According to four different tutorials I have found online, moving the recovery to an USB drive should lead to a prompt giving you the option to delete the partition. In fact, Chippy’s tutorial here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX_wqf9vY3Y) shows the option coming up with the “finish” prompt (@5:20). I have tried twice, and I do not get the option to delete. Not can I delete or modify the partition by means of right clicking on the partition from within the disk management tool. What am I doing wrong? Is there any other way to delete or even shrink the partition? I am so frustrated. I have absolutely no space left on my EMMC drive.

5. Mr. Boosh

If you're absolutely sure you've successfully created recovery media, grab Minitool Partition Wizard, delete the partition, and then merge the C: drive with the unallocated space. Minitool is a million times better than stock Windows disk management tool.

HJK likes this.
  6. HJK

Thanks! Has anyone used this on the AVTN8? Some reviewers of the software seem to have had their devices really screwed up, but only a minority.
    Also, I don't get why, if I understand the disk management tool correctly, my recovery partition is actually completely empty?
    Screenshot (20).png

7. HdNote8

HdNote8 creative technical writing

I thought recovery on the note8/32 was on a sd card rather than partition ...

8. Mr. Boosh

I've used Minitool on all my machines and have never had a single issue. Just don't be stupid and mess with the wrong stuff :)

HJK likes this.
  9. HJK

I sent mine to Asus for repairs and they said to not include the sd card. It came back With an unnecessarily huge recovery partition. Someone else in this thread had the same problem last summer or thereabouts. I've lost the dang sd card-it popped out somewhere, but I was able to make a recovery drive on a USB stick.

10. HJK

That the thing. I am not sure I can trust myself to avoid doing something stupid accidentally!