Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, I wouldn't want my battery deleted (sorry, couldn't resist!)! And I never let it deplete itself completely... I generally start it at least in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening, so anytime I see the battery is very low, I'll charge it. But I mostly charge it at night (every 2 days or so).

Though, I noticed the last two times, it hadn't charged. But when I charged it at my desk charger, it worked. So, I first thought I had a USB problem (you know, a bad connection somewhere), until I noticed my Samsung tablet hadn't charged at night either (with the same charger). Turned out my charger was only giving about 400mW (instead of the 4000mW it should have, according to my battery charging app I have installed)...

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

:eek: autocorrect, and knowing what is supposed to be there I never see those mistakes.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

3. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone notice when sometimes when you type too fast on the screen, the keyboard in Windows register it as a side swipe and give you the symbol instead?

e.g. "return" becomes "reÞurn" or "the" becomes "Þe"?

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yep, this happens to me often with "th" being recognized as a swipe.

5. MikeA - Novice

MikeA - Novice Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an issue with charging. My Note 8 won't turn on and no lights appear when I plug it in to charge it. I can use the same charger to charge my phone and everything is fine. Anyone have any ideas?

6. Mesosphere

Not all chargers will work. The fact that the charger works with your phone doesn't necessarily mean it will work with you AVN8. The charger must short the data pins or your AVN8 wont charge. Does the AVN8 not charge using the stock charger? There are other charges that will work as well, but not all of them.

7. MikeA - Novice

Mesosphere,
    I am using the charger that came with the tablet. It plugs into the USB on my laptop.

8. Mesosphere

You need to use the wall charger. Laptop/desktop USB ports cannot charge it (no windows tablet can charge from a computer USB port to my knowledge). The ports doesn't short the data pins.

9. MikeA - Novice

Mesosphere,
    First of all, I really appreciate your help. Can I use the same cord to plug into the USB on the wall charger that came with my Vivotab RT tablet? If so, that won't charge the VTN8 either.

10. Mesosphere

Any cable that is not faulty will allow charging if the charger itself is compatible (i.e., the usb cable generally doesn't prevent charging). I don't know if the Vivotab RT charger is compatible or not. My guess would be yes, but there are no guarantees. Do you still have the AVN8 stock charger? I'd try that one to eliminate the incompatibility issues. If that one doesn't work, then maybe something is wrong with your tablet. Otherwise it is difficult to tell.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.