Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Hi Kuma - yes, the three ring circus is back in town. I am going to try hard to keep the AVN8 to note taking duties and surfing, and not try to make it "laptop junior." I've gotten better at keeping personal stuff on OneDrive, so space will be less of a problem, and sharing bookmarks between Windows devices is pretty handy.

Despite a deep love and admiration for the SPro 3, there's nothing as good for old eyes as a 15" screen, and the Dell XPS 15 is the best I've seen, even more so than my lust for the MacBook Pro 15, and I am really wedded to to Windows.

The outlier is still my iPhone 6 Plus - I know in this mix a Galaxy Note 4 might make more sense, but the Apple lover in me has to draw the line somewhere.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Well, so much for my ability to "will" us a VivoTab Note Pro. The new models (announced at CES) are just more of the same Transformer devices, with some form of battery powered (N-Trig) stylus...nuts...from the Asus press release:

"The Active Stylus Pen allows users to write, draw or annotate items anywhere on the screen, and features a pencil-like feel and palm rejection that allows the user’s hand to touch the screen. With a rechargeable battery that lasts up to two months battery life on a single charge, it’s the perfect on-the-go productivity companion for Chi."

3. Bamboori

Bamboori Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

5. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Fwiw, I have been following the AVTN 8 on Amazon for quite a while, and every two weeks or so the 32 gb model shows up for preorder for $199. That is how I purchased the one I got for my wife. It is tucked away under the third party vendors listings but it is un fact an Amazon listing. It shows up for a few hours max and then disappears. I saw it again earlier today. Considering that the AVTN8 has been going up in price and is no longer even being sold in many places, this is a great price. You might want to keep a look out.

By the by, my wife loves her new tablet, and she is using her one note for everything.

6. pamela davidson

pamela davidson Pen Pal - Newbie

hi everybody, new here and to the vivotab note 8 m8Ot i managed to get my hands on this partcular tablet as i like asus products for one, and the tablet was the closest to buy in travelling distance.
    my previous portable laptop was the surface pro ( 1st gen) but since given it to my young lad. Anyway, checked the storage of my new tablet and to my horror there is only 15GB out of 28.2GB, is this correct? i also have a asus micro sd card that has a recovery on it.
    is there anyway of freeing some memory, sorry iv not searched the forums properly yet due to not knowing the correct words to search for!
    thanks
    pamela

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Seems like you bought the 32 GB model, there is a card slot that is guaranteed to take up to 64 GB micro SDcard, but will in reality also accept 128 GB cards. Remove the card with the recovery position and site it some safe place should you need it in the future. Then move all your libraries you the card.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

HJK likes this.
  8. pamela davidson

pamela davidson Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi thanks for your reply, I ended up getting the dell pro venue 8 , took the vivotab note back due to lack of space, I did actually love the little tab and the wacom stylus and apps, made it for me. I own an Asus p1801 android / windows pc tablet , and knw how great quality Asus is, so am now hoping iv not dropped a clanger going with dell.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Rotation Issue.

Yep. Here's what the devices look like when rotation fails. Looks like the sensor fails. Since a restart brings everything back fine, I can live with this ATM. Cable related?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I also discovered if you keep it laying for a while so the battery is deleted, then recharge and start it, the pen digitizer isn't turned on, for some reason you need to restart before it takes, disabling and re-enabling doesn't help.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.