Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It plays Settlers of Catan quite well!:vbbiggrin:

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Solrax offers solid advice. I'd be very careful about buying a used Asus.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

3. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

We have two asusses (asii?) at home. Neither of them have had any of the problems mentioned above, except the pen issue. One was solved by opening up the case and smoothing out the cable, the other was solved by threatening that it would be opened up (i.e. after a soft massage on the back it returned and has stayed so far). One of the tablets (mine) goes everywhere where I go. But, unlike Solrax, I have a sturdy case (at least on the back of the device), so there isn't any point pressure on it. I do see those pressure points on my (very expensive, professional) HP laptop, so I know what they are...

4. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

I ended up getting this bank: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JTDND12?pc_redir=1413110036&robot_redir=1

it was reasonably priced and is very light, there are coupons online. I used one to get it down to 24.99. anyway the charge rate in BatteryBar (with my tablet battery at 63%) is ranging from 4k-5.2k and predominantly on 5.1k (the 4k dips are rare) mW. so I'm pretty happy with this thing. also the shape is good and slim. nice packaging/felt pouch that comes with it. the included microusb cable sits firmly in the asus socket, unlike some that wobble a lot. The charge rate is great even while I have my tablet doing stuff like photoshop.

it charges more slowly with a couple of my other cables (the Asus one is 3800mW the bluerigger one about 1800) so I recommend using the one that comes with it, I guess cause it's only 6in or so. (long enough to have the power bank resting solidly on the table while the tablet is in use in landscape).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  5. Jet_Stream

Jet_Stream Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a little bored lately so I tried some gaming on this device:rolleyes:. I've installed some of my fav JRPGs Final Fantasy 7 PC & FFVIII, Chantelise:A tale of two sisters, Receattear, Ys Series(Origins,OathinFelgana..etc) & Legend of Heroes TrailsintheSky on Steam. Heats up the Tab after an hour but they run exceptionally well:D, despite my processor is capped n maxed out on 1.3ghz:( where art thou my turbo boost?!:confused:

SAM 2013 likes this.
  6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    2.0™, SAM 2013, Kumabjorn and 2 others like this.
  7. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Excellent review!

Dave47 likes this.
  8. Dave47

Dave47 Pen Pal - Newbie

Got my "up" vote. Great review. Wonder if the so called "new" (5/2014 build) AVN8 will hold up better than the older versions.

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

We can hope =) Although, I think people with 5/14 build dates have already reported pen issues (but I can't remember for sure). Even if that issue does still exist, perhaps some of the other less common issues are now even less common...

10. ihavetwohands

ihavetwohands Pen Pal - Newbie

Going on 24 days now with no issues of any kind. My device was manufactured in April. So far, everything works the way it's supposed to, but waking the tablet from sleep can sometimes take a few tries of pressing the power button. The Windows-button seems to work better for this, but occasionally it will still take a little while, although I suspect this may be a software-related issue.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014