Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

2. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

The touchscreen all the certain stop working on my machine. It has been working fine for the passed 2 weeks. This evening, I pressed the power button to put it into sleep. 2 minutes later, I pressed the button again to wake it up. It is up, but the touchscreen is not working anymore. I have done this many times before and it never give me any problem. The pen works fine through. I restarted it few times but it doesn't solve the problem.

I looked at the control panel. The device manager has I2C HID device warning. The status is: windows has stopped this device because it has reported problmes (Code 43). The device id is ACPI\PNP0C50.

Anyone has any idea?

3. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Hm, I fixed the problem. I uninstalled the problem device driver, restart the machine, then do a scan changed hardware, it installed the device and the touchscreen works again. I have no idea what made it failed the first place. I was browsing the web when it happened.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

5. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

6. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Anyone knows how much power does a micro SD card use in the tablet? My machine is 64G and I have about 24G free. I have a Scandisk ultra 64G mirco SD card that I can put into it. I wonder how much power it will use if I leave it in the tablet when I am actually not using it. Would it even be noticeable?

Thanks.

7. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I leave mine in all the time. Not sure it takes any power...but I don't know. I seldom just let the tablet sleep. I almost always turn it off when not using it.

8. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I turn it off too when I am not using it because it shuts down and boots up so fast. I put photos and videos on the card. I normally don't view them. So, just wonder if the card consumes any power when it is not being read and written.

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It is certainly not a sure bet that it is the fold that is causing the problem, but it is almost certain that the cables are to blame. If it is the fold, my guess is Asus is using some particularly fragile cables that are easily broken. The fold is so sharp that it seems they ironed them in there like a pair of slacks.

In any case, we could debate over the theoretical explanations for the cable failure if we want, but the experimental evidence is pretty overwhelming at this point that the cables are to blame for the failures. Not a single person has reported being unable to fix it by fiddling with or replacing the cables and many have reported success. My touch screen was failing every other time I turned it on before opening it up and messing with the cable. It has been going strong for over a month now without a single blip since.

Regarding the battery, one person experimented and found that it was in there pretty tight (maybe glued), but he was just messing around I think.

Solrax likes this.
  10. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe the quality of the cable should be in question. now a day, everything is subjected to cost cutting. I don't mind to pay a little bit more for a product that will last.