Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you sure that it was due to the keyboard and not the bluetooth communication. I have sometimes the same issue with my Microsoft keyboard, and it is due to bluetooth and not to the key.

2. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If there was a bluetooth prob it was with the keyboard. I have returned it already so I cannot test it out. But the bluetooth keyboard I have for it now and a bluetooth mouse work flawlessy.

3. trenzterra

trenzterra Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone experiencing Bluetooth interfering with WiFi on the Vivotab Note 8? I had been connected at 5GHz all along with no issues, but today I was at a public area and my WiFi kept disconnecting. It becomes 'Limited' connectivity and no packets can be sent/received and I cannot see any other wireless networks. At first I thought my WiFi had given up the ghost... then I realised after much troubleshooting at home (using 2.4Ghz this time) that once I turned off Bluetooth, everything transfer properly again...

I ended up having to disable Bluetooth collaboration but now my keyboard feels kinda slow...

4. eHuman

eHuman Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish I would have found this site prior to making my purchase. I chose the AVTN for my son and wife to share. (For son to use for ABC Mouse schoolwork and wife for drawing/portable PC)

I ordered off of Amazon:
    -
    Asus VivoTab Note 8 M80TA (windows 8.1) http://amzn.com/B00HWHQKWG

Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case

iLLumiShield - ASUS VivoTab Note 8 Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint -

1. Are there still the pen issues with current stock?
    I am considering getting an after market pen for writing and drawing:

2. Which would you recommend between these two:

Fujitsu Digitizer Pen
    Wacom Penabled

Or advice on a different pen in the $30ish price range

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Check the small stickers on the back and see if you can figure out production date.

6. eHuman

eHuman Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I'll do that when it comes in.

7. michaelws

I have a Fujitsu T5010 pen...it was around $30. Nice pen...small but comfortable. And I have a couple of Axiotron pens that I bought a couple of years ago for back up. Some think them too big for such a small screen. But they are very comfortable. Both have two programmable buttons.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Wow. The photos of your display make me realize how badly mine has deteriorated. The problem is that I have no time to get to MS Store and get an exchange unit.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  9. michaelws

Deteriorated? How much and over what length of time?

10. trenzterra

trenzterra Pen Pal - Newbie

By the way does anyone experience slow typing on textboxes in Web browsers such as in this typing box? It's a split second delay but gets annoying after a while...