Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yes it was in Painter 2015. The canvas size was 6" x 10.66" at 300 dpi. No lag with those two brushes either.

2. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

beautiful work!

3. hlov

hlov Pen Pal - Newbie

wow that's awesome

4. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have a "Generic PnP Monitor-1.icm" in your c:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color folder?

I got my Asus Vivotab note 8 (M80TA) two weeks ago. I absolutely love it. It can do everything that I want it to do. Yesterday, I hooked up my Spyder 3 to calibrate its screen. After it is done, the color profile was saved into "Generic PnP Monitor-1.icm" At that time, I didn't pay much attention and let it to save. Then I realized that the Spyder might override the profile comes with the machine if it also has the same name. I don't want to restore the factory image just to confirm this. So, I wonder if anyone can check if you have this file in your system. I wonder what profile the machine uses by default.

Thanks.

5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Here is what I have in this folder
    upload_2014-9-29_6-19-14.png

6. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks thierryb. It is good that the file is indeed created by the Spyder.

7. iad-artwork

iad-artwork Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone
    I have a problem with my AVTN 8, everytime the device wakes up from sleep it doesn't recognize touches, unless I use the pen! Restarting solve it. So anyone have idea how to solve this annoying issue?
    And I didn't have this problem before, it started just few days ago.
    Thanks.

8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Unfortunately it is possible your touch cable is failing.

See: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asu...us-vivotab-note-8-pen-failure.html#post410002

iad-artwork likes this.
  9. iad-artwork

iad-artwork Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for replying.
    But touch works as usual when I reboot the device, so I'm still hoping it's not a hardware issue, specially that there's a war in my country so I don't think I'll ever find a digitizer around.
    Maybe some windows updates causing this issue?

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It is not impossible you have some software issue, but your symptoms sound no different than those who have the widespread problem that the post addresses.

When you encounter this problem go to:
    Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> I2C HID Device.

Does it show an error? I'm already fairly confident, but if it is showing an error there, you are almost certainly facing same problem all rest of us are. This is a very widespread and well known issue.

Also, most people seemed to be able to fix it by simply fiddling with the cable a bit. My touch cable has been functional for a month now by simply straightening out the folds and reseating it in the connectors. Replacing it wasn't necessary (so far).

Before the fix it would fail to respond after waking the device roughly half the time. Either a disable/enable of the above mentioned driver or a reboot would fix it (temporarily).

iad-artwork likes this.