Asus VivoTab Note 8 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Waru, Mar 15, 2014.

1. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

maybe you should talk to them again and try to get someone else, their service sounds rather inconsistent. I got the 64g in Canada from the ms store in April. office h/s was preinstalled and came with the key on a piece of paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Did you do an uninstall, reboot and then install?

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Found my S-10 eraser pen finally!:vbsmile: It had fallen behind a piece of office furniture. This is the perfect pen for the M80TA IMO. It is a perfect size for writing on an 8" display. It is light. Has a great feeling-silent tip and the eraser works better than the Surface Pro pen I have. I like it far better than the Surface pen. It also fits nicely between the top of the tablet and the Subcase's band. It's the little things in life.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

It is as if it was designed for the Vivo Tab case.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

Bronsky likes this.
  5. daparrish

daparrish Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope, just did a reinstall and a reboot.

6. daparrish

daparrish Pen Pal - Newbie

Figured that since there wasn't separate display drivers and camera drivers, that it was all contained in the System-On-a-Chip software. The camera had been working fine, so I suspect some MS update broke it. I'm gonna keep these drivers on the device now all the time for this specific case.

-dap

thierryb likes this.
  7. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I know this is a little late but I was asked if I would post a pic of anything I painted on my little Asus Note 8. I have done quite a few little sketches. Nothing of Note so-to-speak (pun intended) but here is a little one I will develop. Did the sketch yesterday morning. A take off of some rock formations here in Kona. I added a little color as they are, in reality, lave rocks, and quite grey. I did this in Painter using the scratchboard tool and the blender called "just add water." I know there is a thread for tablet artwork but wanted to post this here as it is more for the Asus Note 8 than for general artwork. It has a long way to go and I might post more finished pics as I go along. I hope it is okay to post it here. Let me know if it has to be moved to the artwork thread. Keep in mind it is a very rough rough and only meant to be viewed small right now. Sort of quick gesture sketch thumbnails I like to do first. Compositional exercises. I am thinking today I will develop a more colorful version as these colors reflect the drabiness of a grey sky...and that might not be as viable commercially as a pretty tropical morning.

morningLightSketch_small.jpg

cleft, iad-artwork, Marty and 4 others like this.
  8. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Since when do artists need to eat?

9. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When they get as old as me!!! That was a quick reply Mesosphere.

iad-artwork likes this.
  10. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

What a beautiful, little landscape! I really like the color blending of the blues and whites in the wave crests. What size canvas was that done on? Was it in Painter 2015?

I have to say I'm impressed and personally inspired to do some artwork on this little tablet :)