Asus Vivotab Note 8... on Linux?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Crowfeather, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Crowfeather

Crowfeather Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello!
    I'm brand new to the forum but I've had my AVN8 for several months now. I've tried to dual boot Android from it several times and it has never worked (sadface)

But now I'm doing a Diploma in IT and that means I need to have an accessible Linux installation to play with. I could always install it to a USB and use it on my laptop, but I thought it would be great if I got boot it up on my tab instead.

So can Linux be installed on the AVN8 and dual boot with windows? One of the issues with Android was that the tab didn't recognise the USB/SD card as a bootable device, would I have the same issue with Linux?

Sorry if this is such a n00b question... also sorry for being a tad long-winded.

2. yéyé

yéyé Pen Pal - Newbie

I would love that to (with the hope that Wacom's Linux's driver could work).

But you already post on XDA-developper for android. I get the felling it's an advanced question ! So apparently nobody achieve the same linux installation as on the Asus T100. Why so ? Cause of the USB authorisation ?

Edit: This is a good summary of the try and fail made on the AVN8 with Linux, it certainly boot and the pen is supported but not stable :
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...-other-bay-trail-tablet-4175513203/page6.html

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015