Asus Vivotab Note 8 Light Bleed

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Reaves, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Reaves

Reaves Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All,

I've just purchased a Vivotab note 8 and the first thing I noticed when turning it on is some light bleed above the ASUS logo when powering on.

It isn't THAT bad however i've since noticed it on a few videos during dark scenes as well as on a website.

The seller has advised I can return the device for a replacement but I'd like to know if this is normal for the device and should I simply accept the bleed. As I said it isn't extremely bad however if it should have NO bleed i'd do a swap.

Appreciate your help!

2. nati

nati Pen Pal - Newbie

i have this too... it doesn't really bother me since it can be seen only when the screen is completely black, mostly on boot times...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The Asus M80TA is not a model of perfect construction. Some light bleed is normal. Since the tablet can be easily taken apart, you can probably correct the light bleed as easily as a technician could but it is probably not worth the effort.

4. Reaves

Reaves Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the feedback! I won't bother with a warranty job as I assume the replacement unit could have the same issue

Ive fixed iPads before, ie wireless antenna, replaced volume rocker and batteries. Do you consider it as difficult to open s an iPad?!

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

6. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

Congratulations on your purchase! It is a unique little tablet. If you do decide to take it apart, you may want to decide to change to digitizer and touch ribbon cables as they will most likely fail on you in a few months.