Asus Vivotab Note 8 : bios downgrade from 209 to 207 impossible

Discussion in 'Asus' started by graki, May 27, 2014.

1. mpattman

mpattman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I can confirm a similar story, my Note8 - 32Gb (early) version would not wake up properly even though the device had plenty of battery life left in it, this for me started with BIOS 210 (I think I may have skipped 209) and 211 also had the same issue. After using the instructions here to remove the BIOS header and then flash has worked a treat. My Note8 is back to normal, in fact the battery life may even be better than before the BIOS update, but this could also be due to the latest drivers and Wacom firmware. My Note8 also suffered from the usual problem with the digitiser not working with the pen but a quick open up and re-seating of both cables has done the trick - I'm very happy now, thank you for the info.

2. mael112001

mael112001 Pen Pal - Newbie

Graki is it possible for you to send me the 207 file without the 2048 bytes i haven't got a linux machine? Thanks too much if it's possible.
    Mael

3. mael112001

mael112001 Pen Pal - Newbie

For who wants to downgrade using amiflash without using dd command (dd bs=2048 skip=1 if=filtered.dump of=trimmed.dump) , you can find the 207 bios without the 2048 first bytes to this links. Works for me with amiflash
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/fkufde
    I still have a 3500 mW battery consumption without any appli installed ...... i'm going to see if it's the same when tablets turned off.

4. messiah

messiah Scribbler - Standard Member

can someoen help me here?

in windows 10 i hard resetted hoping to go back to 8.1 but got windows 10 instead again.

Mine is 64 gb version and i beleive the restore partition is inside the disk

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

When you upgraded to 10 your recovery position was also upgraded. Your only bet it's if you created your own recovery USB, or even better, moved the recovery position to the micro-SD and then replaced the SD card when you upgraded. But who thinks of doing that?

6. messiah

messiah Scribbler - Standard Member

there are 2 partitions in disk management

recovery
    restore

i beleive one of it is the win8.1

the problem is after hard reset the tablet restores only win 10

I beleive this make sense because adtter upgrading to win 10 , u can still go back to win 8.1 using " revert to previous version of windows " for a limited period of time

if so then the parition of asus is stil intact..

the problem is how do i restore form this intact partition