Asus VivoTab ME400C - wiping and clean reinstalling of Windows 8 Pro

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mimoid, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. story

story Pen Pal - Newbie

The key is in the Bios so it automatically activate.

2. furyau

furyau Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, works fine with MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT

However, after installing the Asus drivers, DO NOT RESTART.

Run windows update and install all, but specifically the Intel Display Driver.

If you do not, on restarting, you will not be able to access the desktop.

Otherwise everything is going great!

3. SoWhat

SoWhat Pen Pal - Newbie

In the link you posted is written that 32-bit Windows is not supported. Does that mean that there is no way to install back 32bit Windows 8?

I created bootable USB Drive with 32bit W8.1 using Windows 7 USB DVD Download tool and my VivoTab doesn't recognize it as a boot disc. All other PCs recognise it normally.

4. story

story Pen Pal - Newbie

1) look at Option 2
    2) ME400C doesn't support 64bit

5. ulflun

ulflun Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having problems to find the USB device as the boot device.

Tried with two different USB-sticks, one 4GB and one 8GB. Tried to boot on another computer and it works. But I cant even find it in the boot Menu when pressing "volume down"... Just Windows Boot Manager and BIOS menu option.

Im using an active USB hub and the keyboard and mice works well. In Windows it recognizes the USB keys.... Feels like something is wrong...

EDIT:
    The issue was that I have wanted to create a bootable UFD using bootsect.exe. This is required for the old generation BIOS but not for the UEFI. So it is just fine formatting an UFD with FAT32 and copy over the Windows files.

Now Windows 8 installation ask for drivers for finding the disk tho... I cant extract the drive package from the .exe file (even with 7zip)... How do I find the drives required to install Windows 8?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  6. edwpang

edwpang Pen Pal - Newbie

Option 2 in the link does work for me, I am reinstalling windows 8 on my ME400C right now! This post along with the link to create EFI bootable USB key really saved my day!

7. AlexQC.CA

AlexQC.CA Pen Pal - Newbie

hi! I wanted reinstalled windows properly on my 8.1 tablet asus vivotab smart. I followed a tutorial on another part of the forum. I have not managed to write on so I opened another topic. I'm looking for the driver package called "ASUS V1 Vivotab driver package". Asus has removed it looks, I do not know why and my tablet is unusable because of its .. Someone could upload the worst? Thank you hugely, I am desperate and furious against Asus. Thank you, thank you again

8. sandro.zaal

sandro.zaal Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I tried all these steps but when I enter in boot many, my Vivotab Smart does not see neither SD card nor USB (both with boot windows 8 ) as a boot devise.
    Actually, Im trying to install a fresh copy of windows, because I desperately need to change my interface language which is russian into English...! As, already guess, it is impossible to make it w/o re-installing windows.

If you have any idea about that, please share.

Thanks