Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

After you re-enable the Intel HD Graphics adapter, run an auto device driver update on it. There should be a new fit driver. I don't get the adapter disabled on mine.

2. Dr. Ron

Dr. Ron Pen Pal - Newbie

I had to roll back my Windows 10 install on my 64GB VTN8. Using the digitizer caused it to reset after a few seconds of use.

My wife's 32GB VTN8 however has no problems with the digitizer, and she uses it a lot for her notes.

Could the larger amount or type of memory have an effect on the voltages needed for palm rejection or other functions?

3. ToniCipriani

Mine didn't reset, but it it just freezes and only way to snap out of it is 15-second shutdown. Coincidentally it's also a 64GB.

I'm giving it another week or two, and if there's no driver or fix I'm rolling back to 8.1 as well. I got the upgrade already so I can always go back later.

4. violetzie

violetzie Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, try to go to device manager, HID devices and try to update the driver on the "Wacom device", that fixed the restarts for me after installing that SoC package and also updating my gpu drivers.

5. daredriven

daredriven Pen Pal - Newbie

For anyone wondering if today's Windows Update fixes the BSOD or reboots when using the pen with thge palm resting on the screen, I tried, it does not...
    ToniCipriani, I am really tempted to try your solution, but will wait to see what Asus customer support answers me.
    Weird, I also have the 64gb model.

On Microsoft Community, there is also a topic on this matter (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...t/cc9a3568-4cae-4773-a404-c47b070ae988?page=1). They recommend disabling the I2C HID.

6. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have the same camera problem. The 10E is 65M and have a lot of stuff in it. What do you install? Everything or just the camera driver? I tried to install the intel image driver, but it did allow me to do so. It said I already had the latest driver.

Thanks.

7. ToniCipriani

I just ran the setup file.

8. J D

J D Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Thanks. Will try it tonight.

9. iad-artwork

iad-artwork Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys!
    I'm intending to install WIN 10 on my Vivotab note 8 tonight,
    I'm concerned about my free MS OFFICE that I got with the original windows, can I still have it if I installed Windows 10?? And if yes where to download it please?
    Many thanks.

10. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

If you're doing an upgrade install of Win10, you don't have to worry. Your office will still be there when Win 10 finishes installing.

If you're doing a clean install, make sure you still have the product code card that came with the tablet and you can download office direct from Microsoft here: https://products.office.com/en-us/get-office-oem-download-page

During installation, just enter your product code.

Keep in mind that Win10 has issues on this unit. So you might want to wait until they are solved first.

iad-artwork likes this.