Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the SOC setup.bat file to run in the Command Window but it hasn't helped.
    Wi-fi and bluetooth still not working.

2. Dede

Dede Pen Pal - Newbie

3. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't see how that can be true. After a clean install there is 14gb of free space on the Asus 32gb model.
    You have to select the 'Custom: Install Windows only (Advanced)' option and delete all the partitions so Windows can then install only the partitions it needs.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-do-clean-installation-windows-10

5. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

Make sure you can get the drivers for the Windows version you are going to install. The media tool will contain the Windows version of the machine you are using to download the tool.

By the way, you don't need a recovery partition, disk or card. You can download Windows anytime.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

7. djas

djas Graffiti User

Finally had a super long weekend to give the Vivotab 8 some needed attention. I have the 64GB version; so I reset to original Asus 8.1 image, go to microsoft.com & used the Update Assistant to upgrade to Windows 10 Home & everything works!

Touch & Wacom works. Wi-fi & Bluetooth works. There is no issue whatsoever & Windows 10 activated just fine.

Attached Files:

Kumabjorn likes this.
  8. cls

cls Pen Pal - Newbie

i have a vivotab 8 with broken cables. i replaced them as instructed in this forum and my tablet is alive again. a big THANK YOU to you all.

upgraded bios to 213. windows auto upgraded to 1909 18363.815. everything runs fine.

One question . I thought that Vitotab 8 was windows 32bit only. But asus site lists some drivers/bios for 64bit. Has anything changed?

djas, WillAdams and JoeS like this.
  9. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

You could/can install a 64-bit OS on the Vivotab Note 8 but i don't know if the process is easier nowawadays as it used to be a bit of a pain...The Atom SOC is 64-bit but its old UEFI is 32-bit as often on this generation of Atoms, it used to be quite problematic when trying to install a 64-bit OS. The 32-bit UEFI meant a 64-bit OS couldn't be installed easily on the device as it required a 64-bit UEFI.

I believe it is fixed on Linux with distros like Debian for some time now - probably years by now

But I have no idea about Win 8 or 10 as i haven't attempted to reinstall Windows from a flashdrive on mine..

10. Md Faisal

Md Faisal Pen Pal - Newbie

I had deleted the partition in disk part by mistake. I tried reinstalling Windows 10 32 bit . I can boot the installation USB and it goes up to selection of the drive to install.however the drive or partition is not showing up for installation .It is booting up to BIOS. Kindly help