Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Is it enough just to uninstall the Wacom driver for the Microsoft driver to install itself automatically?

I ask because after installing Windows I have no pen recognition, only finger touch.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think so

3. hiramkey

hiramkey Pen Pal - Newbie

Set your WIFI connection as a metered connection which stops the downloading of updates. It works for me when playing games.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. Kumabjorn

On my road to discovery I made a surprising discovery that I hadn't seen before. In Device Manager, under View is an option for View hidden drivers. I tapped that, and surprise, surprise, I hade HID compliant pen driver, but I had five of them. Probably because I have tested the device with a whole bunch of different S-Pen, in order to see minimal drift and parallax. So I uninstalled all but one of them and rebooted. Well, now I had pen contact again, but just for that minimal two or three second feel of joy and the poof it's gone again. So now I tried reinstalling the Wacom Feel driver, and it was back again, but when I switched pen, it disappeared once more.

I suppose I have some more experimenting to do, and getting rid of all those pesky hidden drivers and see if I can get it back in working order, and then see what I can do about stopping updates. As for hiramkey's suggestion that I set it to metered connection that unfortunately also put a hamper on updating Office data files, such as the OneNote stuff I need access to.

5. Kumabjorn

Well, now I've tried using only the HID pen compliant driver and this doesn't recognize the pen. I even disabled and re-enabled the driver just to be on the safe side. No recognition. Then I tried installing the old Win 8.1 Wacom driver, this also did nothing.
    Makes me think that during all these installations I've put something into the system that disables the pen digitizer.