Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

You need to find and install the chipset driver and Intel graphics driver for atom z3700 series for touch and pen to work. I think the chipset driver is available on Asus support website.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  2. jjsa1985

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I did that, something called ATK something IIRC. Actually the only thing not working properly at the moment is Bluetooth. It use a Microsoft driver dated 2006.
    What Bluetooth driver does the rest of you have?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

4. jjsa1985

I read somewhere that 2006 is just a generic date for drivers that come built in to windows, and not the date of the actual driver. In any case if it shows up it should be working. Otherwise, I would try to update the WiFi driver, since that handles Bluetooth as well, if I remember correctly. I don't have the Asus any more so I can't tell you exactly which driver version.

5. Kumabjorn

So I was able to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch, and then the ATK package and the latest Wacom 7.3.4-47 driver. And it worked well enough (Bluetooth problems set aside) and now it has done some behind the scenes upgrade again so that the Wacom driver is no longer recognized. In Device Manager everything looks dandy, not so much when I attempt using the pen. Worked this morning, not anymore.
    If real estate is all about location, location location
    then
    Asus Vivo Tab Note 8 is all about frustration, frustration, frustration.

6. Kumabjorn

Obviously, right now the alternative is to reinstall Windows 10 one more time and then install the Wacom driver, have it running fine for a day or two, but since I can't use OneNote without access to the internet it is just a matter of time before some behind the scenes upgrade wreak havoc with my setup again.

Hence the question, is there any utility that can run some sort of diagnosis on what is causing the Wacom digitizer to not start? And it is only the pen related part, touch works fine.

7. jjsa1985

I have to say, it sounds suspiciously like the cable problem. Opening it up and giving it a good massage might do the trick. I don't know of any diagnostics, unfortunately. But opening it up was surprisingly easy. I can't remember if you said you had tried that once already.

8. Kumabjorn

It isn't, Asus Japan has already repaired it and every time I reinstall Windows it works just fine until that pesky upgrade ruins it.
    It's software not hardware related.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

WillAdams likes this.
  9. jjsa1985

Well, for what it's worth, when it happened to me I was sure it was software as well, because it would work after a reboot for a little while and only on a certain driver version. I can understand if you're unwilling to open up your tablet, but it is surprisingly easy, and may be the quickest diagnotic to at least rule out the possibility if not anything else. Just because you seem to be at an impasse.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  10. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Did you try without the Wacom driver and only with the windows one ?