Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

So, how are things going for our early adopters?
    Also, do you use Win 10 home or Win 10 mobile on the AVN8? Are you given a choice?

2. violetzie

violetzie Pen Pal - Newbie

It is Windows 10 Home, no choice given.

3. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

You're supposed to. The Media tool creates the final Insider build. RTM is build 10240 plus the two security patches.

4. ToniCipriani

Both the screen and the digitizer is actually connected to the I2C bus, with the driver provided by Intel via the Atom SoC package. It's likely crashing there when both the digitizer and the capacitive touch panel are utilized. Intel and Asus need to update that.

EDIT: Dell actually released an updated SoC package. I'm tempted to try this out:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/dell-venue-8-pro/drivers/advanced

(Select Windows 10 after page loads)

This one comes with the I2C driver version 29470 vs the 28229 in the Asus 10E package.

EDIT 2: DO NOT USE. This will cause battery drain problems and tablet will not charge properly. Use the Asus package only for now and avoid the pen.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/asus-vivotab-8-and-windows-10.66837/page-9#post-444113

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  5. ToniCipriani

OK so I took the plunge and tried the Dell SoC Driver. Initially the SoC disabled my Intel graphics and everything became jerky, but re-enabled it and ran an update on that driver and it was updated as well. I also installed the Wacom driver. All the sensors work as well as the buttons.

So far no BSODs, but I am getting freezes when using the pen sometimes, like hard freezes where even the power button doesn't work and I have to hold the button down to restart. I'm still suspecting this is due to my hardware (just opened the back and two screws fell out) and there's a chance this might fix the BSOD on others.

6. violetzie

Could you please be more specific which package have you downloaded? I can't seem to see any SoC packages there.. Willing to try.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Asus, now developed in close cooperation with engineers from IKEA.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

8. violetzie

Ok I figured you probably mean the chipset package so I installed it, had to re-enable the gpu on every restart and it wont enable it self like your did.. unfortunately still having a restart/bsod when resting my palm while drawing.

EDIT: The device manager let me update the "wacom device" from the internet.. and then I installed the newest wacom feel driver,.. now I dont get a restart/bsod on palm rest when drawing but im experiencing weird delays when drawing.. like lines appearing a little later then I drag my pen... hmm..

EDIT2: Ok it's only Mischief app that is having this weird delay..

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  9. ToniCipriani

Actually it's the service centre. They replaced my motherboard last time.

10. ToniCipriani

See the post right before that one.