Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. freewilly

freewilly Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows 10 has been working well on mine.. til today. Had a bunch of updates and now my wireless card, along with bluetooth, packs it in after a while.

2. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

W10 update of 08 Aug 17 disabled touch screen.
    Reinstall SOC driver version 10E with mouse via bluetooth or cable/OTG.
    For other problems try reinstalling
    ATK package 100039
    Wacom 7209
    WLAN Broadcom 59310320

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  3. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

4. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

Dramatic performance improvement with 12.09.2017 W10 update. Caused touchscreen to start working too. I had thought I was going to have to check the ribbon/cable. (EDIT: I later discovered that the cable had too much padding/Sponge round it and the pressure of the back on these items was forcing the cable out of its socket, so it was a cable issue).

W10 updates sometimes cause the Touch keyboard to stop appearing at the login screen even when you touch the input field for your password.

You can still login by, on the login screen, selecting the dotted circle at bottom right and selecting On-screen Keyboard.

You can resolve the problem of the Touch keyboard not appearing by doing as follows.

Go to:
    Settings > Devices > Typing
    Make sure that the option 'Show the Touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached' is activated.
    If the option is already activated, toggle it (switch it off and back on again), making sure to leave it activated

The Touch keyboard will now appear when you touch the input cell on the login screen.

Note:
    1. The non-appearance of the Touch keyboard at the login screen may lead you to believe that the Touch screen itself is not working. This may not be the case. Try using your finger again after you have logged in and then proceed as above.
    2. If the Touch screen definitely is not working, you will almost certainly be able to control your device with a cable mouse or a Bluetooth one if you have left Bluetooth permanently activated. You might also find that your pen will work. With both the mouse and the pen you can easily select the On-screen Keyboard on the login screen as described above and, after logging in, you can select the Touch keyboard from the icon next to the clock. If your icon is not activated, you can do this by going to Settings > Personalisation > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    HJK and Kumabjorn like this.
  5. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

I posted a comment on answers.microsoft.com about the SOC driver in the updates being the wrong one. It might help if you were to log in and click 'I have the same question', since they probably won't take just my word for it.

Edit: I just heard from Microsoft. They said that we should now be using the Feedback Hub that is in the Start menu.

I have therefore now lodged my comment on the Feedback Hub and it is possible to leave a 'I have the same problem' click there as well. To find my comment in the Feedback Hub open the App and type
    Vivotab wrong SOC driver
    in the search cell.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017