Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Did you try to reboot with the keyboard and the mouse already attached?

2. Zhivko

Zhivko Pen Pal - Newbie

I did, yes and it did not help.
    I took it apart and turns out the port is busted. So now I am looking for a replacement m80ta_IO_BD that does not cost 50 Euro, because it is just not worth it imo.

3. vince.chee

vince.chee Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking of upgrading to Win10 from Win8.1, do you guys recommend it? I am a comic artist mainly use AVTN8 for comic production.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Windows 8.1 is better for a pure tablet like the Vivo Tab. Storage is the tightest bottle neck on that device, so getting rid of anything that isn't essential will increase its value and pleasure for you.

5. Yoyo

Yoyo Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still running 8.1 on mine, and haven't had any of the problems associated with the 'upgrade'. Do you really want forced updates and the constant threat of them borking your system?

6. joytest

joytest Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm late to the party, managed to get a used 64gb one for approx $90 yesterday.
    Was using a Dell V8P for a few months and didn't like the need to keep replacing the battery for the pen.
    Upgraded to W10 using the Update Assistant, then used a W10 Pro key to change version. So far so good, Win 10 Creator's Update installed everything nicely the first time, even sound, camera, Wacom etc. Only experienced the failed rotation today and rolled back the Invensense driver.
    Using a spare Lenovo X61 pen and works well with calibration.

HJK likes this.