Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Latest Win 10 Creator's update works.
    You just have to reinstall the SOC package Version 10E and possibly the Wacom driver 7209.

2. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

The latest update disabled wifi on my Sony Vaio laptop but I just found a new driver for the wifi adapter, which was issued last month and solved the problem.

That caused me to search for a new driver for the wifi adapter on the AVN8 and I discovered a version 5.93.103.23 on Softpedia. Has anyone tried it or had experience of them? Wifi on the AVN8 has been a bit temperamental despite reloading SOC. For those who try it be careful: the version ....27 is for 64 bit.

Incidentally
    1. Support for the AVN8 including drivers seems to have disappeared from the US and German sites for Asus.com.
    2. I have had no issues with the WSKEN magnetic charging connectors that I mentioned on the previous page. They are a dream. I really cannot recommend them enough. No strain on the usb socket whatsoever. I am so impressed that I have bought some more cables and connectors as backups in case they stop making them with the arrival of the new musb format.

3. messiah

messiah Scribbler - Standard Member

How's the creators update battery life and performance on the tablet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Connected standby is good.
    Here is result of the battery report for last night.
    Connected standby 7:57:44 3 %

messiah likes this.
  5. messiah

Thanks....will try it soon

6. Zhivko

Zhivko Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everyone :) I am new here and I am in trouble.
    I installed the Win10 1703 Creators update on my Vivotab note 8 and now I have no input at all. the Digitizer is out, the buttons are out, and it does not recognize anything I connect through otg.
    The creators update was an actual update that I launched form within Windows and after the restart I couldn't do anything, so I reset it completely from the recovery menu and now I am facing the same situation:
    Windows asks me to select a language and I cannot do anything.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thank you!

7. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you sure otg doesn't recognize anything? I was in a similar situation but I could get it to pick up the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse receiver. I used the keyboard and mouse to get past the setup and install the SOC driver and now everything is working.

8. Zhivko

Zhivko Pen Pal - Newbie

I am sure that nothing I tried works - standard KBD and Mouse. I tried through a USB hub and directly, but nothing. And I have tested the OTG cable on my phone (works fine). I am starting to think that there might be something wrong with the micro USB port, cause I am running out of ideas :/

9. messiah

Its a bug i think. Did experience it on my laptop but a reboot solved it

10. Zhivko

Zhivko Pen Pal - Newbie

I am happy to hear that It worked for you, but in my case several restarts later - no change. I will keep trying though. I have touch in recovery for instance...