Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Gray2Hairs

Gray2Hairs Pen Pal - Newbie

One more question about the camera drivers. Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera drivers have loaded Intel Avstream and Intel imaging signal processor 2400 depending one the package. Are they just different versions of is the identity of the actual device

2. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree that with its better resolution screen the HP is tempting but my understanding is that the pen contains a battery, with the hassle that this brings.
    Although a late acquirer, I am stunned by the functionality of the AVN8.
    The penholder in the link below removes the need for a silo. It fits inside the fold of my case.

https://www.amazon.com/Leuchtturm-1...=1466023323&sr=8-6&keywords=leuchtturm+holder

WillAdams likes this.
  3. Bitech

Bitech Pen Pal - Newbie

My Vivotab has been bricked trying to update to Windows 10 and I just got the tablet today.

I followed HowToGeek's guide to upgrading here: http://www.howtogeek.com/225048/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-or-8-to-windows-10-right-now/. I let the tablet sit on my desk to do its thing with the Win10 Upgrade Tool only to find the screen off after I tell the tool to go ahead and restart the tablet. I can't seem to turn it back on, no blinking light on the power button. The light only shows when charging it, and I left it to charge the whole time it was upgrading.

Any ideas besides sending it to Asus for repair under warranty?

Edit: Oh my god, I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins then reconnected it and fumbled with the power button and charging cable and suddenly the "Upgrading Windows" screen appears.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Bronsky likes this.
  4. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

You have to take the SD card out

5. tasospaok123

tasospaok123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I found this forum googling around. So, i've got a pretty serious issue right now. I got my note 8 back from asus service couple days ago, because of some screen problems. Turns out they replaced the whole motherboard and I got it back with W8.1, but that's where things got weird. It seems that the recovery partition that was on an 8GB SD card when i first got the tablet, is now on a hidden 10GB partition on the flash storage, leaving me with 18GB of storage and 8.8GB of them free (Windows 10 update says it needs 10.5GB free, to run). That leaves me unable to update to Windows 10 as there's the SD card bug. I also tried running the update with the installation files stored in a USB flash drive connected via and OTG cable. It got stuck at 22% just like with SD cards. I cannot for the life of me delete that partition. I backed it up on a USB drive waiting for the delete option at the end, but there was no option. Windows Disk management, diskpart, even EaseUS partition manager cannot touch that partition, so I guess it must be important.
    So now, i cannot update to Windows 10. I really got used to it and i find windows 8.1 difficult to use now, so any help would be much appreciated..

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Stick with Windows 8.1, much better for that type of device.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

7. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

Minitool Partition Wizard might do it. However, the lady is absolutely right. You should check that you like the W10 startscreen icons before you make the move. Kumabjorn's message reminded me about that and I found that I did not.

8. tasospaok123

tasospaok123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Before the screen problems i have been using W10 on the tablet for about 7-8 months, so I'm already used to them and that's why i want them back. At first the transition from 8.1 was difficult, but in the end W10 have been perfect for my usage.

9. Peter T

Peter T Pen Pal - Newbie

After having become sick of filtering the updates in Windows 8.1, I just now updated to Windows 10 with the media creation tool.. Everything went smoothly after I deleted sufficient apps/data so that I had 10gb of space. Problem now is that my wifi/internet has become slow to the pojnt of timing out when opening most pages - my laptop using the same connection is unchanged.

I believe I have the latest drivers and my understanding is that the update also installs all the drivers you need.

Did anybody else have this problem?

10. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I had a similar problem on a different device when I first updated to windows 10. I'm pretty sure it was a driver issue. Can't remember how I fixed it. But it got fixed. Sorry, that probably isn't much help.