Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. nikita00

nikita00 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have installed Windows 10 on my VTN8. I am experiencing a bsod in one note sometimes. (win32kbase.sys or something).

I also have another problem with the Intel SST audio device (not sure if also in Win 8). After a couple of minutes of usage the right speaker stops working. I tried the speaker test in control panel and no sound plays when testing the right speaker. At first I thought the device was faulty but when I create a new user and switch to the new user the right speaker works but stops again after a while.

Any ideas on how to fix this. Its really annoying especially the bsod.

2. daredriven

daredriven Pen Pal - Newbie

After installing the Wacom Feel driver that maki mentioned (v 7.3.1-7), the time to get a blue screen or a reboot is longer, after resting my palm, maybe 2-3 minutes after inking. It still only happens when I rest my hand on the screen, other than that it is fine - however, resting the palm is essential for a good stylus experience.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Would you get the same result if you tried drawing with an artist glove on? Just as a temporary solution. I haven't encountered that problem, but I'm a note taker not an artist.

Balbutio ergo sum

4. daredriven

daredriven Pen Pal - Newbie

I am not an artist, I am also a note taker, but thanks for the suggestion.
    It is just that I can't write properly without resting my hand on the screen.

5. philus_89

philus_89 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone! Has anyone receveid the notification for the Update or you've installed W10 via the Media Tool?

6. albatross911

albatross911 Pen Pal - Newbie

7. nikita00

It does not. And who knows it may be the touchscreen driver and not wacom that crashes. Maybe when the wacom driver triggers palm rejection the touchscreen driver "gets confused" and crashes. I'd imagine there would be a lot of surface 1 / 2 complaints if it were the wacom driver's fault.

Also can anyone who has a vivotab note 8 on Windows 10 confirm that both their speakers are working. I have the issue I described here

8. Haegar333

Haegar333 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi...

i had a problem with Win 10 Upgrade, had to freshly install Win 8 (notvrecovery but from iso/usb).

Did the 10 Upgrade directly after the fresh 8 Install without installing any drivers.

Noe i have the problem that every driver install from asus worked in 10, but not the Broadcom 4752 gps one.

Tried some alternative drivers from lenovo and toshiba, didnt work.

Tried to install manually from extracted driver packages (inf file), didnt work.

Did somebody encounter same problems?

9. nikita00

I had that problem then reinstalled Win 10 fresh and it worked after that but sometimes in the device manager I get an error for the device failed to start on that sensor.

Can you test if both your speakers work? (See my previous posts in this thread)

10. Haegar333

Haegar333 Pen Pal - Newbie

I m sorry, but i startet a new install cycle right 20 min ago.

Back to 8, all Upadates and ALL drivers this time, then up to 10.

Will report back