Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. daredriven

daredriven Pen Pal - Newbie

Abeki, the exact same thing happens to me, as I wrote on my first post - I can use the stylus with no issues IF I don't rest my hand on the screen. When I do rest my palm, instantaneously or after a few strokes, I get the blue screen or a reboot.

I have tried using both drivers, the one that came with Windows 10 and the Wacom Feel, but either one gives me this issue. It seems as if there is a problem with palm rejection by Windows 10. Anyone have other tablets with a Wacom stylus and get this error or is it just this tablet?

2. maki

maki Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using fresh, original driver from wacom (7.3.1-7) for Windows 10. I don't experience BSODs anymore, but tablet freezes after few minutes of inking. That's too bad...

3. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

Strangely this doesn't happen to me, however I notice something different on mine. It happened once today and twice yesterday, and all those times after the reboot, these will happen:

- Pen works for a bit, then starts wildly jumping, and finally completely dead
    - Touch screen refuse to register when it's in horizontal, I have to rotate to vertical and log on
    - After some time both pen and touch are gone and everything freezes, I have to force shutdown the tablet.
    - After a few reboots everything starts working again

Now I do know I have a bad pen even before the upgrade, I've been procrastinating with replacing the cable. So I think for mine it's a combination of driver and hardware, but the capacitive screen dying is new to me.

4. albatross911

albatross911 Pen Pal - Newbie

Indeed this has solved the camera issue, thanks!

5. richlum

richlum Pen Pal - Newbie

I am also getting the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in win32kbase.sys error.

Sometimes, l don't get the BSOD, it just reboots to the Asus logo.

Seems to only happen when resting my hand on the screen while inking.

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

My problem is with the Windows Store, I get in, search for an app and then I get throughn out like som two bit shoplifter. Where are the mall cops when you need them?

7. pchan

pchan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

For those who have successfully upgraded to Windows 10, I would really appreciate if you can share about the onscreen keyboard experience. Is there a "swype - like" keyboard in windows 10? I mean the type of input system that allows you to slide from letters to letters without lifting up fingers and tapping word by word. Right now, I am using touchpal on my Asus Note 8 and google keyboard on my Android tablet. I have become quite good in using the swype type of keyboard and I can input text so much more faster than having to tap letter by letter.

Thanks for your feedback.

8. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

Folks please report the issue via Windows Feedback. With enough upvotes it should get Microsoft's attention.

9. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

10. violetzie

violetzie Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm having the exact same BSOD while using the pen in any app.. appears to happen when I begin to rest my palm on the screen :-( This renders the tablet almost useless to me since using the pen is the main reason I even have it .. :/