Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. maki

maki Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a problem with access rights, I could fix it so I switched to local account and it worked.

I updated via update center, so I have win 10 32 bit. I still have problem with wacom stylus, after ~2min of using it whole system freezes.

2. albatross911

albatross911 Pen Pal - Newbie

32 bit

My camera also does not work...

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The Asus Vivo Tab Note is an x86 device, so you have to do the 32 bit version.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

4. fsgonzaga

fsgonzaga Pen Pal - Newbie

i am also facing the same situation here, i have Win 10 Pro installed in my vivotab note 8, while inking in Onenote or Bamboo Paper, the tablet crashes suddenly, appearing the BSOD, PAGE_FAULT)IN_NONPAGE_AREA win32kbase.sys ... anyone have discovered the solution ??

I´ve downloaded an iso of windows 8.1 and placed on a microsd, but my tablet doesn´t recognize it...i dont know what to do, very disappointed with microsoft...

5. abeki

abeki Pen Pal - Newbie

More BSODs/Spontaneous reboots while using inking. Occurrence is about once per 20 minutes of inking. This is bad.

6. daredriven

daredriven Pen Pal - Newbie

Tried installing driver package for the Vivotab note 8 from DriversCollection and still have the reboot or Blue Screen then reboot when using the stylus.
    I ran a check on the dump file from the crash and it points to 2 files - win32kbase.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, both on system32.

Also, the back camera works and the tablet saves pictures taken from it, but the front camera freezes a few seconds after switching to it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  7. fsgonzaga

fsgonzaga Pen Pal - Newbie

the worst thing is that i cant rollback to windows 8.1, i have the windows 8.1 iso on the microsd, but the system does not recognizes,no option on boot screen. Anyone knows how to do?

8. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

Install the 10E SOC Driver package on Asus' site under 8.1, that fixed both cameras for me.

For those who are getting the Page Faults, what driver are you using, the original driver or the Wacom from Asus?

9. abeki

abeki Pen Pal - Newbie

I got that freeze too, but it seems to be tied to the facial recognition it's trying to do. It only freezes for me 50% of the time when the face rectangle pops in. Try aiming the front camera somewhere without a face.
    This one looks like a bug with the camera app, not a problem with driver/hardware.

10. abeki

abeki Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using the original. I don't have the crashing as bad as fsgonzaga's. It only crashes once every 1-2 hours of continuous inking for me.

This might be voodoo but I haven't experienced a crash if I don't rest my palm on the screen while inking.