Asus VivoTab 8 and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Asus' started by avi, Jun 29, 2015.

1. ToniCipriani

ToniCipriani Scribbler - Standard Member

There is one report over at Microsoft Answers about 10547 fixing the touch issue, but it's not first hand so I would take it with a grain of salt. I'm running backups again to maybe try installing the insider build later.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Bedy

Bedy Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the backup solution you're using with your VTN8 by the way?

3. Derson

Derson Pen Pal - Newbie

In my case use Driver Snapshot 32bit, is little and portable. Is in a D partition, about 30 Gb, and store two images, one for Windows 8.1 and the other for Windows 10. So I can go between both, back and forth...an so on :D
    Any way, right now I'm installing the 10547 version of Win 10...I'll keep you guys about this.

4. ToniCipriani

I'm trying Macrium at the moment, but it seems like the recovery it creates boots, but doesn't support the touch screen. It sees my SD card though.

EDIT: Successfully used these instructions to create one that works with the Note 8, I have mouse support but no on-screen keyboard. Sufficient for doing a restore anyways. Doing a test restore right now.

5. Derson

Derson Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, installed 10547 version, with Onenote 2013 desktop all good (until now). About 30 minutes writing, drawing, touching...No BSOD, no reject palm or restart...like in Win 8.1
    Next report tomorrow...after much more proves
    By the way, the Windows stay activate but, you know, in "inside program".

iad-artwork likes this.
  6. ToniCipriani

It automatically activates and stays active if you done a previous upgrade from Windows 7/8.1 to 10 RTM. Even after a clean install without entering keys.

Which SOC driver have you been using? V10E from Asus?

iad-artwork likes this.
  7. Derson

Derson Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes I did the update from Windows 10 (update until 17 Sep). The SOC is the v10E from Asus Drivers, the last ones I think
    Now I found a problem with this version, the Windows Store App auto close itself when I try found any app to install, BUT, this is a common issue and Microsoft is working on it

8. germanib

germanib Pen Pal - Newbie

After all the problems wiht the pen and several other minor and major annoying problems I reinstalled Windows 8.1 and so far I'm very happy.

9. Derson

Derson Pen Pal - Newbie

The problem with Windows Store App has solution, tuning here and there, the time zone, etc. finally I installed my prefer app, Xodo Pdf. Now I'm as in Windows 8.1, no issuers...for now.

10. ToniCipriani

OK I took the plunge as well and reinstalled Windows 10 last night, but haven't been offered the new build yet on the Fast ring. Will post back results.