Asus VivoTab 11.6 810C and Photoshop and Painter

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ginakra, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,
    Have a chance at buying this tablet used, and was wondering if it was ok running Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw x7, and Painter x3? I would be using it for nothing higher than 13x19 inch 300dpi painting/photography editing, not a ton of layers, filters, etc. Same thing with Painter x3.

I was reading there were issues with pressure sensitivity with the drivers and wondering if those were all fixed by now. Would i have pressure sensitivity in these applications?

I don't mind a bit of lag as I am pretty slow at drawing and painting, I do use a bit of watercolor wash though, so would be some sweeping across the canvas for skies, etc. I don't want lag to the point I am frustrated though. How have your experiences been with this tablet and painting/sketching apps?

Would this tablet be ok for me? It is 2GB RAM, 64MB drive, Atom Z2760 1.8 GHz.

Thank you,
    Gina

2. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

No one has anything to reply with?

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Clover trail Atom processor is very weak. Suggest you get any of the baytrail tablets. All the same I love my Vivotab TF810C and I've been clinging to it ever since I got it 2 years ago. Goodluck.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

4. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi nnthemperor, thanks for responding. Do you have personal experience running Photoshop or Painter on the TF810, and with them the pressure sensitive bruhes? If not, what kinds of programs do you run on yours?

I'd LOVE to get a more powerful tablet, but they don't exist right now in the combo of features I need. :(

5. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

I run Corel Photo-Paint X6 on my Asus TF810C. I usually work in 8 1/2" x 11" 300dpi size. Inking is smooth, tend to use no more than 3 layers. Haven't really used more layers than that. I also have a Dell Venue Pro 8. I really don't notice a big speed advantage over Clovertrail to Bay trail, other than better battery life. If you have any questions, let me know.

Forgot to add, yes pressure sensitivity does work in that program.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  6. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh thanks so much for your input! Yeah, I would not be doing major work on the tablet, I would head over to my power laptop for that. I imagine eventually, when something comes out that meets my requirements, hopefully soon, that I can move up. The low price tempts me to get one now, and have something while I peruse the new tablets coming out, and wait for the price to drop. Who knows, might be satisfied enough with the 810c for awhile.

I would be interested to know if you push the limit to say 11x14 300dpi, or 13x19 300dpi, how it behaves with the brushes? is it still smooth at that size? And I have read a few posts saying that some have had to go to other sites to get updated drivers. Did you have to or does the asus site have all the correct ones now?

Thank you!

7. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi! Gina,

I edited a file at 13x19 300dpi 64mb file size and it still worked pretty fluid. Slightly slower but still fluid enough. Yes, I downloaded the drivers directly from the Wacom support page. It has alot more features than the standard Asus drivers. Here is the link: Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

I think you would be happy the TF810C for now. It is nice and light, very thin and sturdy, bright screen with a great pen too. Any other questions let me know.

8. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

9. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

I did end up buying this on Amazon, as the used one was ore expensive, and I have absolutely NO use for a dockable keyboard. I already have a laptop, and if I have to have a keyboard I can use one of my bluetooth ones, I have two, lol. I had made my decision before I got back to the forums. I am setting it up now, doing the updates. So far I like it for short time I have had it turned on (about two hours just updating, etc), but the true test will be when I get Painter x3 on it. One of the other forum members who owns one installed Painter x3 and let me see how it was over a video stream. It looked like it would run a smaller file ok. Hoping the best. Will update everyone. Probably would not have purchased with as much confidence without Tonitti. So thanks, Tonitti, you're awesome :)

Will update after a week with it or so. I may do a youtube video for current apps on the tablet if Amazon doesn't clear them out by then.