Asus Vivo tab tf810 experience

Discussion in 'Asus' started by nnthemperor, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellThen

WellThen Pen Pal - Newbie

Just had a thought. I have an asus update waiting to be applied should I apply that first?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ever since I updated to Windows 8.1 a week or so ago, everything has been good. Sleep mode from the power button, sleep mode from closing the cover and sleep mode from the PC Settings in Charms all have been fine, waking up easily without freezing, without the need for a reset. Also, very little battery usage during sleep, so no battery draining overnight in sleep mode.

My only issue has been WiFi connection problems when going to conferences in hotels where I get connection errors after the tablet tries verifying the credentials. I do not know if this is a Windows 8.1 issue or a one-off issue since I only attended o one conference since updating to 8.1 and this issue could have existed before the update, or specific to that one location.

3. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI: I had applied all Asus updates (7.0) and any Windows updates before upgrading to Windows 8.1.

4. Zaroff

Zaroff Pen Pal - Newbie

I went through the same process as NewYorker545 and it is indeed rock-solid with the 7.0 updates and W8.1, except for that glitch of waking up from sleep from time to time (rather random). No crashes, battery drain issues, etc. Everything works perfectly well.

5. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Can't say I've ever encountered your issue Zaroff. I usually always leave mine docked and on charge overnight and it always wakes up fine, never have to cold boot it. Try restoring the power plan back to default?

6. WellThen

WellThen Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the help, folks. I'm now on Windows 8 .1, another happy customer.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

7. Conrad Hart

Conrad Hart Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone else still get prompted to do an Eee Live Update and update driver package even after installing the 7.0 pack? Or is it that the driver install didn't complete correctly?

8. Zaroff

Zaroff Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not seen anyone else have this problem: Video in chrome staggers as it plays at any resolution, but the explorer runs perfect. Also it seems to be just youtube for me as other video hosting sites run videos without any issues (mostly all others). Reinstalling chrome didnt help, updating flash didnt help. Is it just me or is anyone else in the same boat?

10. Pyliip

Pyliip Pen Pal - Newbie

Greetings from France,

I just got a TF810C for a really good price and I tested it this week and it turned out to be quite perfect for my use (note taking with the stylus at school).
    I can get a Win8.1 Pro from my school and I would like to know what I would need to do after a "fresh" install of Windows. Do I need anything more than Asus Live Update ?

Kind regards,
    Pyliip